Odd problem and a request/favor

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
ok guys, my name is Chris and i have been around here forever and a day. I have a built/blown 1998 SVT. For whatever reason, the car went pig rich...so much so it will barely even crank/run. Smells like raw fuel from the tailpipe, fouled plugs...the whole thing. Now, here's the strange part...I still have my stock tune on my SCT flasher and when I revert back to the stock tune...it cranks and runs fine. It runs rich because of the 60 pound injectors, but, it can start it, drive it etc. Now, go back to either the blower or the blower/valet tune and it wont even crank/run hardly. The car ran like a top for 10 months with the blower tune prior, so, I know the tune was good. It also threw a bogus PATS code whick I cleared. All of this leads me and my tuner to believe I may have a bad ECU. I dont really want to buy one just to find out it doesnt even fix the problem. So, here's the favor...does anyone have an AOL3 computer/ECU out of a 98 Cobra laying around?? If anyone did and would let a man borrow it, I could test it and return it with a $20 spot in less than a week. It would have to be out of a 98and it would say AOL3 right on the side of the computer. I'm in Huntsville Alabama and if anyone was local...could do it in an hour. Would gladly pay you for your time. Thanks guys!

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
stupid troll /\/\/\/\/\/\
Excuse me; How is directing him to a LOCAL mustang club with the same model year anything, other than trying to help him out?

As a side note, to the OP; This is a guess as I'm not the expert on EEC strategies. If you have a gasket or vacuum leak, the car could read lean at idle, add more fuel. However the adaptive strategy could be spread across the entire fuel table causing it to be rich.

Just a thought, but you may want to confer with an EEC guru.

Just trolling, stupidly....through.

svtrickey

Established Member
Does the 96 not work. I am in FL but will ship it to you and you ship it back. My car is down so no need for it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread