Odd noise, popped out of 1st last night

LaFlavor

Established Member
Ok, I have something of an odd noise coming from what sounds like either the clutch or the transmission when i'm just getting the car moving in 1st gear. It's kinda hard to describe, but it could be a metal on metal or similar scraping sound. I guess the best way would be if you were to inch a heavy metal table across a concrete floor, a short, scraping noise.

Then, last night while getting the car moving it popped right out of first gear. I was able to just put it back in, and continue on my merry way without incident, but I can't imagine that's a good sign.

I have no issues in any gear but 1st, and only right when I get the car rolling. There's no noise if I'm really easy on it. Car has 85k miles, clutch replaced with spec 2+ at 75k. No track time, never even really "launched."

LaFlavor

Established Member
Nobody has any idea?

Has anyone heard of the shift linkage going out of adjustment on these cars? I've seen several people point to that being the problem causing similar symptoms on other cars.

It hasn't popped out of gear again, but it does still making that grinding type noise unless I kinda baby it into first gear.

Users who are viewing this thread