Odd noise comming from the COBRA is it the "slap"

ExplorerThis

Valve Drop
Established Member
Its has 2,070 miles on it and I got a vid of this noise...Just a CB and Intake....

CLICK IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy on another board told me this......My car makes the same noise I asked my matco dealer about it (he is a ex-svt mechanic) he told me that way back in the day when the car was released a bulletin was released from ford about a piston skirt issue. Ford, not wanting to replace a few thousand engines, said that the issue would not hinder the longivity (spellcheck) of the engine. relating it to more of an annoyance rather then a problem. But my car does it all the time hot, cold it doesn't matter, but only at idle, soon as you hit the gas its gone. It worried me to I thought it was a knock.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I don't hear anything too out of the ordinary :shrug:

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
was the car cold when you took that vid. sounds normal when the engine is first started. clikity clakity.

Ontariomystic

Established Member
Sounds normal to me. I think the exhaust valve train noise can be heard around the H-pipe as a tapping sound. Listen under the car, you might here it more. Thats how mine sounded since new.

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
Mine had piston slap, and it did not sound like that. It was LOUD! As soon as it warmed up the sound was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread