Odd clutch slip.

twitchalot

Established Member
Lil help guys. 600 hp spec stage 3+ fidanza fly. Car has been sitting alot over last 2 years. Clutch slips on a hard shift to 2nd. However does not slip from on hard pull in 4th 5th or 6th. Im thinkin cable sticking. Any help is appreciated. All the quick test guys say will indicate a bad clutch passes with colors??

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Lil help guys. 600 hp spec stage 3+ fidanza fly. Car has been sitting alot over last 2 years. Clutch slips on a hard shift to 2nd. However does not slip from a low speed pull in 4th 5th or 6th. Also does not slip on a boost pull in high gear. Im thinkin cable sticking. Any help is appreciated. All the quick test guys say will indicate a bad clutch passes with colors??
Are you sure it's clutch slip and not belt slip? Any noticeable smells?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

twitchalot

Established Member
1st full boost pull lots wheel hop slam 2nd rpms fly redline no pull no tire spin. Slow down. Roll into full boost 2nd wot pulls like a freight train

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
For the time it takes to remove cable and oil in hand just to see.

To me is well worth the time

I had a cable issue but mine slipped in high gear at times with normal driving
And had a hard to push pedal

I found out after I replaced everything and still had issues that simply wd40 does wonders.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Almost sounds like it could be leaning out in the tune or fuel system delivery.

If clutch was slipping badly, you'd smell it, especially under the heavy load you are describing. All the clutches I have fried really let my olfactory senses know about it, LOL........

-

twitchalot

Established Member
I just did a high gear low speed test 5th gear maybe 45 mph wot no slip. 60 # dekas kb boosta pump. Last clutch i lunched you could smell miles away.

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I just did another high gear low speed test 5 gear maybe 15 mph wot no slip. I think you might be on to something in tune. 60 dekas kb boosta pump. Last clutch i lunched you could smell miles away.
5th gear 15mph wot? Be careful. That's loading it up heavy and really testing the knock limitations of the fuel. Especially gasoline. 5th or 6th around 50mph should be sufficient to do that test.

1st full boost pull lots wheel hop slam 2nd redline no pull. Slow down roll into full boost 2nd wot pulls like a freight train

Do the rpms fly up when the problem happens, or is it simply not pulling?

MastaAce03

Established Member
I just did another high gear low speed test 5 gear maybe 15 mph wot no slip. I think you might be on to something in tune. 60 dekas kb boosta pump. Last clutch i lunched you could smell miles away.

Holy shit! Do not do a 5th gear WOT pull at starting at 15mph on any car, especially a boosted one. Might be the last time you do it on that motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitchalot

Established Member
5th gear 15mph wot? Be careful. That's loading it up heavy and really testing the knock limitations of the fuel. Especially gasoline. 5th or 6th around 50mph should be sufficient to do that test.

Do the rpms fly up when the problem happens, or is it simply not pulling?

Rpms fly "Sorry guys that was a mistype 45mph in 5th"

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Rpms fly "Sorry guys that was a mistype 45mph in 5th"
If the rpms fly up and the car doesn't pull accordingly, the clutch is slipping for one reason or another. Could be the cable binding up, but I really doubt it. You may have had the adjustment set wrong and it's caused it to slip and glaze over. It's more than likely now just blowing through it when you make that sudden hard change into the next gear. If you've done work to it since it last ran correctly you may check over your work and all the least invasive things before dropping the trans. Might get lucky and it be something simple.

twitchalot

Established Member
Wanted to give an update on this maybe help someone out down the road. I removed the free play mod removed the clutch cable oiled the cable and clutch slip is gone.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Wanted to give an update on this maybe help someone out down the road. I removed the free play mod removed the clutch cable oiled the cable and clutch slip is gone.

Thanks for update

How much easier is pedal to push now?
This is where I was leading to.

Oil cable.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting. I've never had that problem with the free play mod.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread