Odd Clutch Question

vipergts281

Established Member
My clutch just died on me tonight. Too long to post all of the details, but years ago I bought a Centerforce dual friction clutch disk. A local Ford dealership went to install it and couldn't get it right.

They said the center hub part on the disc (where it touches the input shaft) was too thick. Thus not allowing it to sit the way it should.

I just had a stock clutch put back in instead of dealing with those a**holes any longer.

That was roughly 105,000 miles ago. And like I said, the clutch went tonight. So now I need to install the clutch kit I bought years ago that Ford said wouldn't install right.

So my odd question is...does anyone know the EXACT thickness of that center hub part? I can take a tape measure to it, but I was told even 1/16 inch makes a difference. So obviously I need someone with the right tool to measure it.

I will try and get the one I have measured tomorrow (somehow). Then I will see if they are the same. If they are, then I'll have it installed.

Btw, I ordered the clutch kit from LFP back in the day. I thought maybe they just sent the wrong part, but they said the box was the right one.

I checked the disc itself, there is no part number on it. So nothing really to verify. Worst case, I will call CF tomorrow when they are open.

Thanks in advance. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread