Octoberfast 2005 Badger Bimmers at RA Next Weekend!

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
OK - anybody else going to Road America next weekend with Badger Bimmers? Hope to see you there! :beer: :thumbsup:

Scott

ddl6289

Established Member
I'll be there Sat and Sun (silver 03 cobra) and Anita (my wife) will be there all 3 days (laguna seca blue BMW 01 M Coupe).

Dan

b4409

Established Member
I'll be there all the way! FYI: There's an advanced Skip Barber school on mon and tues for those who really want to get some turning and burning out of the system before the season is over.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I had to opt out of instructing for this event. It would have been the straw that broke the camel's back!

What was I thinking when I planned this schedule?!?! :bash:

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
Bruce B - glad to hear you will be going up! Bruce ac427cobra - sorry to hear you're not going to be able to make it...

Drop me a line on e-mail to let me know what your plans are for the trip up to Elkhart Lake - maybe a caravan will be in order. We should be back in Morton by morning or mid-day Friday.

Later -

Scott

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
I see you are instructing Scott. Are you running Friday as well? If so, look for me. Perhaps we can pit near each other. We Mustang guys gotta stick together!

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
RA This Weekend

Hi Fred -

I will be arriving late on Friday afternoon / evening, but I'll be sure to look up your pit location when I do show up.

See you then! :thumbsup:

Scott

b4409

Established Member
OK - I'm glad to hear there IS a Friday at the track :thumbsup: I thought I that was just my fantasy. I'll give you a call, Scott, but it looks like I'm going to go Thursday to check things out on Friday. I'll introduce myself to you Fred - maybe we can park the rigs together and save room for Scott.

BTW, I read in the packet that there's a 103db noise limit -- any concern with an R without cats? I hate to drag extra pipes and stock mufflers up if it's not a problem.

The three R's will look nice together. Sorry you can't make it, Bruce. Four would be better!

Bruce B

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
b4409 said:
BTW, I read in the packet that there's a 103db noise limit -- any concern with an R without cats? I hate to drag extra pipes and stock mufflers up if it's not a problem.

The three R's will look nice together. Sorry you can't make it, Bruce. Four would be better!

Bruce B

Bruce:

I don't think your car will be a problem whatsoever? Run what ya brung!!!

Sorry I can't make it guys! :( We would tear the place up with four R's there!! :eek: Kinda like the VIR trip last year, right Freddy?!!? ;-)

ddl6289

Established Member
Mr. Mysti said:
Hi Dan... How are the issues with the heat going?

- Vince

I'm hoping I have the "heating issues" under control. After having heating issues (belching/puking coolant) on August 12th at Blackhawk, I changed the cooling system cap and thermostat. I went back to Blackhawk on August 19th. It was very hot that day (the low 90s) and no real problems though my coolant temp got as high as the low 230s F. Since then I've put in a LFP "race" raditator. I'm not expecting RA to be challanging on the cooling system this weekend. Knock on wood.

In summary, I think the cap and themostat swap was simple, effective, and cheap. Though it might not be the ultimate solution, it clearly helped the situation.

Will you be there Vince?

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
Badger Bimmers told me not to run with them unless I had another car. I could always go as a spectator, but I am not really up to it. I think I might have a couple of pictures of your car from blackhawk. I'll have to look for them and email them to you. :beer:

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Vince:

Because of noise or the vert? You have a roll bar, what's the big deal? :shrug:

Because it is a vert. They said they are not qualified to determine whether or not roll bar provides adequate protection.

Audi club told me something similar. They haven't banned convertibles yet, but they are headed in that direction. Gave me the what-if scenario of rollover and land upside-down in pea gravel @ RA. Like I would sink in pea gravel and drown in it like quicksand. :rollseyes

I wonder how many people have died in last ten years doing HPDE due to:

1. Fire (W/O fire supression system)
2. Neck Injury (W/O using Hans or similar device)
3. Injuries due to poor restraint (3 point vs. 5 or 6 point)
4. In Vert rolling upside down and sinking in pea gravel (With Roll Bar)

:read:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ShelbyGuy said:
the pea gravel at RA is only ankle deep....

John:

I think Carson said the pea gravel is either "8 or 10" deep in the catch pits?

It looks like I picked a good event to miss? Friday's weather was ideal but Saturday had quite a bit of rain and today was monsoon season in Elkhart lake! We were up at the Packer game (no, I didn't bring them any luck unfortunately!!) and it poured just before the game, sprinkled during the game and rained like crazy after the game. When we went through Elkhart Lake on the way home (about 3:30) it was raining extrememly hard!!! :eek: I hope everybody was packed up by then?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
We dodged all the rain on Saturday at RA, but not so lucky today. I think all sessions ran in varying degrees of rain or dampness.

Weather Saturday was dry, with varying amounts of sun. I hear from Fred, Boris, and Bruce b4409 that Friday was great weather all day.

Later -

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
sfs32vcobra said:
We dodged all the rain on Saturday at RA, but not so lucky today. I think all sessions ran in varying degrees of rain or dampness.

Weather Saturday was dry, with varying amounts of sun. I hear from Fred, Boris, and Bruce b4409 that Friday was great weather all day.

Later -

Oh Cool. I'm glad they were able to dodge the rain on Saturday. :pepper: It pretty much rained all Saturday afternoon and evening in Milwaukee.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread