Octane Booster

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
Sometimes I Use This Product. Sometimes The 91 Octane Iam Using Pings Alittle Up Top, I Know The Tune Is Right Because It Dosent Happen All The Time. The Octane Booster Stops The Pinging. Is This Stuff Bad For My Car? (outlaw Booster)

ViciousJay

Established Member
i wouldnt use it... id throw a mix of higher octane ilike 104... also when you pump your gas do they have single pumps for each octane or all in one and you press the button and choose cuz i know they say you get up to 1/2 to full gallon of whatever gas was pumped previous with multi choice pump

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
If it helps, use it. I know I would have to drive at least 35 minutes to get some 100 octane fuel, it is just not practical to use everyday. Read the bottles and do some research though. 1 bottle of octane booster does not really add much octane. Your probably going from 91 to 92.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Torco FTW!!

I just bought a tub of this stuff. Then I ordered a case of 16oz plastic "Fuel Additive" bottles from a plastics manufacturer. Now I can just fill up all of these bottles and have one or two with me for each fill up. The bottles are made for this stuff, and only cost me about .60 cents each after shipping.

-Jeff

PA SNAKE

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Torco FTW!!

I just bought a tub of this stuff. Then I ordered a case of 16oz plastic "Fuel Additive" bottles from a plastics manufacturer. Now I can just fill up all of these bottles and have one or two with me for each fill up. The bottles are made for this stuff, and only cost me about .60 cents each after shipping.

-Jeff

Funny you should mention that. I was thinking the same thing... where did you get the extra bottles...?

musclefan21

Established Member
if i buy a bottle of octane booster from a local auto store, would it make me go faster?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Only if you tune for it. Upping your octane allows you to run more timing. If you don't change anything in your tune, you will not see any real benifit. Well, if it is too much octane for your tune, you may actually lose power. As for the store bought stuff, it is really useless.

You can buy them online. I would search for something like Handi-grip plastic bottles or something like that. That is what they are called.

syclone50

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Torco FTW!!

-Jeff

Jeff I too just bought a 5 gallon pale of Torco and could not be happier with it. It is some gooood stuff. Where exactly did you buy the bottles you mentioned from.
Thanks

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Im even more appreciative of that fact that I have race fuel (Torco) 4 miles up the street and another place 2 miles from that up the street. Alot of the gas stations around here have 93 and I know the Sunoco's have 94. I/You would think they would provide higher octanes for you guys in your area.

Last edited:

djtyau

Established Member
I have been running Torco for a year now and no problems. Full tank of 91 octane plus 32oz. of Torco works for me.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The place I got them does not have them anymore. I bought all that they had on close out :)

I found some other places that sell them for about .21 cents per bottle, but they add a $10.00 fee for orders below $50.00, then about $9.95 for shipping. Seems a bit high to me for bottles. But that is the cheapest place that I could find them besides where I bought mine from.

P.S.

Don't forget to buy lids if you go this route.
http://www.containerandpackaging.com/item.asp?item=B198RV

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread