Octane adjust plug

MouTine

Established Member
Yep, all Cobras have it. It's that gray plug near CCRM module taped around thick main wireharnes inside passinger ferdern. You shold see it and grab it easily tru that hole witch is next to "airfilter hole".

KazooGS-T

Established Member
Yep, all Cobras have it. It's that gray plug near CCRM module taped around thick main wireharnes inside passinger ferdern. You shold see it and grab it easily tru that hole witch is next to "airfilter hole".

So what does this it do if you pull it out

tt54l32v

Established Member
it sets it to base timing if unplugged = no advance its for lazy mechanics and cheap gas if a an owner complains about valve rattle. and yes it should be closed, its has a little gray plastic connector that should be plugged in, your car will be a dog without it.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
I've ran mine at the track to see if there were any differences from having it plugged in or not, I couldn't tell anything. In fact my fastest pass, was with it unplugged.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I've ran mine at the track to see if there were any differences from having it plugged in or not, I couldn't tell anything. In fact my fastest pass, was with it unplugged.

Maybe it's like the clearing the computer thing and you have to disconnect your battery for a few minutes to get it to accept but really just guessing.:shrug: Where exactly is the CCRM located I would like to look and make sure mine is plugged in and don't beat me up too bad for not knowing I never had to know lol.:bash:

m0l0

Established Member
Its the SPOUT connection, when you unplug it will set the base timing to 10 , it is used on 5.0 to set the base advance, when plugged the computer will take control over the spark, NEVER unplug/plug it with the car running

MouTine

Established Member
Its the SPOUT connection, when you unplug it will set the base timing to 10 , it is used on 5.0 to set the base advance, when plugged the computer will take control over the spark, NEVER unplug/plug it with the car running
Are you refering five'oh pushrod engines? I don't know about those, but official Ford Service CD named that plug as "octane adjust plug" in modular engines.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Maybe it's like the clearing the computer thing and you have to disconnect your battery for a few minutes to get it to accept but really just guessing.:shrug: Where exactly is the CCRM located I would like to look and make sure mine is plugged in and don't beat me up too bad for not knowing I never had to know lol.:bash:

The CCRM is located inside the passengerside front fender. It's a black box about 1" x 3" x 4" with a large electrical connector plugged in to it.

If the car is not having any problems the CCRM is plugged in alright. Don't waste your time poking at it.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
The CCRM is located inside the passengerside front fender. It's a black box about 1" x 3" x 4" with a large electrical connector plugged in to it.

If the car is not having any problems the CCRM is plugged in alright. Don't waste your time poking at it.

Thanks no problems just wanted to make sure the on poster said he unplugged his and experienced no difference that was why I asked. Thanks again.:beer:

MouTine

Established Member
Well my friends... I didn't unplug anything. Just asked becourse I wasn't sure. But... at the moment... Once again... I'm totally drunk waisted and what not. Just came back home from night club and yep I like you. New colours...

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member

Was referring to this statement when I mentioned other poster lol. But good luck on the hangover lol.:beer:

WeaponX_Perf

Established Member
Just get a good tune from someone like Delta Force and they set the octane adjust tables to zero and advance timing in the appropriate areas. This makes the octane plug useless, unless someone wants a good method of retarding the timing for a nitrous / high boost pass without re-flashing.

Users who are viewing this thread