Ocean City Spring Cruise

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
IronTerp said:
You're welcome over here anytime....The OC cruise is one of the nations best. The whole area is pretty much dominated by High Performance cars and trucks for the entire weekend. It lasts from Thursday, May 19 to Sunday May 22 this year. Come on down! And the Carousel is the one of the best places to stay according to MACA members that have done it before.

great thanks!! i jus tnoticed its the same weekend as FFW at Englishtown... :bash: what to dooooo, what toooo dooooo.....

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
undrpresr said:
What days are you guys going down?? I'm DEFINATELY interested in going, I just need to know what days the MACA guys are going to stay. Who is getting rooms? I'll split costs with anyone so I don't have to get a room myself...
We'd like to get a caravan heading down on Friday morning, May 20, coming back sometime on Sunday. ANd a bunch of us will be getting rooms and I'm sure there will be guys that will want to share rooms. Come on down! Goal is to get 20 Cobras for the caravan down....

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
I would like to stay till sunday evening but really don't want to pay for an extra night does anybody now what time checkout is? Also, are most people heading down on the 20th I've never been to O.C and would like to caravan down with some people who might have a better idea where there going.

thanks.

someone beat me to it second question answered

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
IronTerp said:
We'd like to get a caravan heading down on Friday morning, May 20, coming back sometime on Sunday. ANd a bunch of us will be getting rooms and I'm sure there will be guys that will want to share rooms. Come on down! Goal is to get 20 Cobras for the caravan down....

Count me in for the caravan down Friday morning. I'll also be looking to share a room...

Check-out time is usually around noon but it shouldnt be a problem if you want to hang around alittle later on Sunday.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Which way would you all be going down? From where I am, I hit Rt 1 in DE and then go down through the DE beaches.. Let me know..

IronTerp

We'll probably either head straight down Route 50 into Ocean City or cut across on 404 (I think that's the #) into Rehobeth and then down into OC......

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Count me in for the caravan down Friday morning. I'll also be looking to share a room...

Check-out time is usually around noon but it shouldnt be a problem if you want to hang around alittle later on Sunday.

Hit you with a PM about a room in OC..let me know.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I'm in on the Friday cruise.

I used to rent in the summers in OC and Dewey. I always go 50 to 404, THEN to 16 over to 1. 16 is a road that parallels with 404 all the way down to 1. There are a few little towns where you must, I repeat, must do 25. Experience is wise. It has no traffic, open road and practically no stops up to 1. I think it would be a great direct route to 1 to hook up with any Del crew. You guys (Del) should know where 16 comes into 1. Just a suggestion to avoid lights and traffic on 404 and 50. Scenic too.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
03silvr10thvert said:
I'm in on the Friday cruise.

I used to rent in the summers in OC and Dewey. I always go 50 to 404, THEN to 16 over to 1. 16 is a road that parallels with 404 all the way down to 1. There are a few little towns where you must, I repeat, must do 25. Experience is wise. It has no traffic, open road and practically no stops up to 1. I think it would be a great direct route to 1 to hook up with any Del crew. You guys (Del) should know where 16 comes into 1. Just a suggestion to avoid lights and traffic on 404 and 50. Scenic too.

So you end up hittin rehoboth right before the big home depot. I'm pretty sure I know right where 16 is. If that's the way you guys wanna head down, we could just meet some place down that way. There is the big wawa right before you get to all the beaches, or there are all kinds of resturants.. Let me know.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
undrpresr....see below ont he room thing....at least where the majority of us are trying to stay. As far as other rooms..I do not have any information for other rooms..If you need or are looking to share a room..post it up..someone may be looking to share.

IronTerp said:
Okay...just got off the phone with the Group Sales rep at the Carousel. No bargains for this weekend! She said "cruisin weekend" is an easy sellout and they don't do specials for that wekend.

So the rates.....Are you sitting down??? Oceanfront = $249/night, Oceanside = $159/night. Actually not that bad. Jay and Prasad are already booked there and say it's a real nice place. They have 259 total rooms in the hotel and 119 of them are booked as of today. So, we still have some time, but it WILL sell out! There may be some MACAers looking to share a room as well which would be a nice price break.

A bunch of us are going to caravan on down on Friday morning, May 20 from the Wash, D.C. area and coming back sometime on Sunday. So it will be a three day, two night stay.

If you're interested, post up so Mike can add you to his list and start thinking about making reservations if you want to stay at the Carousel. Make sure you make reservations on-line at:

http://www.carouselhotel.com/reservations.html

For some reason, they're charging $189 through the reservation desk for the oceanside rooms, but the oceanfront are the same either way.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
How many have already reserved a room? do ya think it's ok to wait till like march to reserve or is that pushing it? also if i get a room i'll be happy to share it to help keep the cost down.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
ta2d1 said:
How many have already reserved a room? do ya think it's ok to wait till like march to reserve or is that pushing it? also if i get a room i'll be happy to share it to help keep the cost down.

i would reserve a room asap.

my room was reserved this past decemeber. :beer:

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
lRageATMl said:
i would reserve a room asap.

I guess you're right. It's done. again if anybody is looking to share a room it appears i have a spare bed. although the room is a non oceanfront room if that matters. shoot me a PM if anybody is interested.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Yeah, rooms down there go FAST.. I did mine in Dec too.. And if I were you, I wouldn't get ocean front if it's still there. Street side is the best during cruise week!!

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
Yeah, rooms down there go FAST.. I did mine in Dec too.. And if I were you, I wouldn't get ocean front if it's still there. Street side is the best during cruise week!!

hell yeah....you can sit on your balcony and watch people take off at the lights all night long...then again I am usually that person takinging off at the light...lol

and you could always get a condo, 2BR or 3BR...each room usually has 2 beds in them. you get both oceanside balcony and a street side one.

IronTerp

As of last tuesday, they had booked 119 out of 259 rooms, so there's still plenty available. But, I would think, we better reserve by the end of February to be sure. Is everybody planning on staying at the Carousel?

Users who are viewing this thread