OBX Longtube's for the Lightning have arrived!

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Just picked them up from UPS this morning, and I'm quite happy with them at least cosmetically so far.

When I learned that I could get stainless steel longtubes, with resonated midpipes shipped to Canada for less than a locally purchased (or fabricated) catted mid-pipe, I must say I was skeptical.

DSC_0758.jpg

Jumping in on the tail end of the group buy was a bit dicey as it isn't uncommon for UPS to exact huge brokerage levies at the border but this worked out very well. Visually, they are servicable in all the right places and appear well made, especially considering the price point.

DSC_0757.jpg

I have dealt with a few sets of headers in the past, and compared to the Pacesetter, MAC, and Flowtech units (not high dollar stuff, I know) these look much better built.

DSC_0760.jpg

One strange observation is the installation of 6 O2 bungs, so I will be looking for a couple of plugs

The flanges are thick and seem true, and the primaries are free from obstructing welding slag. There are a few "rough spots" shown in the photos below, but nothing that is worrysome.

DSC_0764.jpg

DSC_0763.jpg

DSC_0762.jpg

DSC_0761.jpg

Inside the collector looks a little rough as well but there are no signs of daylight between the welds so all is good.

DSC_0766.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

The collectors are a doughnut gasket style with will be used with non-OBX gaskets once I grab a replacement set, and OEM manifold gaskets are on the list as well.

Even if I have to adjust or massage these units a little to make them fit I'm still ahead huge money, which will go into other parts for the truck. I'll follow up with the install and detail any issues I have.

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Hey man they look awesome and I am glad that your happy. Must have been a cool ass dude that put that group buy together :D

tribalightning

2 MUCH TRQ
Established Member
lol i was surprised at how good they looked when i first got mine too....and trust me, the sound is puuuuure sex!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread