OBX Headers

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Instead of bringing old threads back from the dead, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with OBX LT headers? Power gains etc?

The lightning owners seems to love em, you can get a set cheap off ebay and they are basically a knock offs of dynatech.

In need of LT so I'm just doing my homework.

Thanks guys :beer:

Nsssane1

Established Member
Id get the dynatech's you dont want fitment issues with these or any poor quality u dont wanna take headers on and off its a pain, do it once. Love my dynatech's

fullboogie

Established Member
OP - you're going to find some snobbery on here. If it costs more, it has to be better.

The GT crowd also loves OBX headers, and there have been many very favorable reviews. I'm also interested to hear what others (who have actually bought and installed them) have to say. You probably won't get what you need on this site, though.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i loved my obx headers on my lightning.

however, I dont really like how they run their business. AFCO/Dynatech runs a phenomenal business and all their stuff is made in the U.S....which is worth the extra coin to me

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
They say you get what you pay for. If it looks solid and you feel good about it then give them a try.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
OP - you're going to find some snobbery on here. If it costs more, it has to be better.

The GT crowd also loves OBX headers, and there have been many very favorable reviews. I'm also interested to hear what others (who have actually bought and installed them) have to say. You probably won't get what you need on this site, though.

i wouldnt call it snobbery, i would say its about getting the OP th best bang for his buck. i have S/W on my car and dynatechs on my truck...lets just say im happier with the dynatechs. If the OP wants to get these then more power to him.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
^like you said I'm looking for the best bang for the buck.

Thx for the link 940 shipped for dynatech is def the best deal that I've seen.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member

Yes, I also noticed a lot of the GT crowd using them as well.

I think b/c OBX is a knock off of dynatech they do not have R&D costs etc. which is why they are cheaper.

4a7191a

Established Member
ive got them on my lightning and i love them, they fit well, the hardware is so/so. i even used the supplied gaskets. theyve been on for over 2 years now with no leaks and no problems. i recommend decent clamps and copper gasket maker for the install.

Users who are viewing this thread