OBX Headers to Tips

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
I am installing the whole OBX system and almost have all of it done. I ran up the Lightning and it sounds really loud and I don't know if I like. I am adding better hardware than they supplied.

Before I had the stock manifold w/Bassani mid-pipes/cats, and Borla muffs/tips... then I took the cats out... either way I like the Borla allot... could still hear the blower sitting in the truck...

A Mustang guy looked puzzled when I told him I had the Borla? Acted as if it was not a Ford thing... but the Raptor comes stock with Borla! Now I have the OBX and I am thinking I may try to go back to the Borla muffs and tips??? I am keeping the OBX Headers/Mids/Cats!

Will wait till all the OBX is fully installed and make my decision!

What are your thoughts? What do you have? How do you like?

4a7191a

Established Member
ive got the obx headers and mids, with the supplied gaskets being used too mated to a magnaflow catback. i love the sound. its really deep sounding as well. :)
i cant believe the supplied header gaskets have held up so well too, its been installed for about 2 years now.

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
Yeah I used their gaskets also... they werent the best, but I previously had Patriots and they were worse. Even more so was the number six bottom bolt behind a super tight bend, about a sixteenth of a turn, my hands hurt... I took them off and got rid of them! I was mad, but glad I did the Drivers side first and became aware of that, would have been really mad if I already had the passenger on... the hardware sucked on the OBX's!

Kasey... The Bassani mid pipes and cats are going on my kids 99 F150 4x4, sorry man! If not I would have practically given them to you! Hope thats not salt in the wound!

Blaine

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread