OBX Header install started and completed.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Did this up yesterday, took about 8-10 hours on jackstands with two people.

There were no major issues, just previous to this, we did a set of KOOKS longtubes on a supercharged Marauder by comparison the Lightning install was so much easier.

Bolt acees is easily gained through removal of the fender liners, after that it simply remove this, re-install that.

Headers slip in easily from the bottom, and bolt access is good enough that I could get stage 8 locks on every bolt. The Midpipes required a bit of tweaking to fit but nothing serious. To my surprise the headers fit very well

I might write something a little more in-depth is there is call for it but in the mean time here are a few photos

DSC_0775-1.jpg

Passenger side
DSC_0776-1.jpg

DSC_0785-1.jpg

Driver's Side
DSC_0787-1.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

SicWS6

Established Member
I have been looking into these headers for a few weeks now, Im glad to see someone else had intrest in them as well! Did you also install them with the highflow cats and mid pipe? Ive been researching these and really the only thing i can find about them is supply your own hardware and gaskets, the stuff that comes with them is garbage. Was there a noticible difference? If you could post more pics that would be awesome! Looks good! Thanks!

eabigrick

Established Member
damn them shinny headers make that truck look dirty! LOL. i have looked at these headers a few times and somewhat interested in buyin a set..... how much trouble did you have with the mid pipes? did they seal up with no leaks?

YellowStang99

Established Member
I haven't heard much of anything good about obx headers. Glad they worked out well for ya. Looks great. Let us know if there are any exhaust leaks after you drive it for a while.

Last edited:

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
The truck certainly is a bit dirty but it is winter and due to the header install it missed out on it's weekly washing, that will soon be fixed.

I went with the Catless syetm which substitues a pair of small bottled resonators for cats. Overall it makes a for a pretty good sound, quite tolerable and no points of drone.

Gaskets were new Ford items as the OBX ones appear to be lead coated fibre. Flange bolts were not supplied but either the stage 8's I used or the factory studs work just fine. BBK O2 sensor extensions were used as OBX did not supply anything and they will be required. The O2 sensor pulgs will need to have one of the guide tabs cut off to fit the BBK extenders, no big deal there.

I'm pretty sure that my driver's side cats were plugged, despite having the pipes cut to nearly the same length the passnger side was much lighter.

I capped my EGR so no observations about how that fits with the header.

On the passenger side I removed one small bolt in heat shield that attaches to the frame because one primary is a little tight. I'll inspect it later and see if I need to dimple a tube or not.

Users who are viewing this thread