OBX Exhaust Questions??

LightningLou

Established Member
So I ordered the headers with mids and im in the process of installing them. On the driver side midpipe there's a bracket welded on with a hole drilled. Where exactly does this mount to? I can't seem to figure it out but maybe others with this same setup know what I'm talking about. Also, did you guys use the donut gasket that comes with the kit on the collector to mid attachment or did you buy a different one? I don't want any leaks. Thanks! :beer:

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Is that bracket close to lining up with the old midpipe hanger? If thats the one, then what we did was just buy a longer stainless bolt to go from the old hanger support to the OBX bracket hole and just nut it. It should be close to lining up. We also did use the donut gaskets that came with the kit, but used the stock header gaskets... Hope this helps man! Good luck! BTW, what do you think of the OBXs?

LightningLou

Established Member
Bro, to be honest I was kinna shy of the quality since I know there are nicer headers available but for 500 bucks hey it's worth a shot lol. The only thing I noticed was the passenger header is right up against the frame and gives the motor no room to move back and forth from left to right under accel or revving. Did you notice this too? Looks like there will be a dent in that primary... Oh well, all in all the set looks good since it's basically a dynatech copy. I just picked up some better quality lap band clamps from the store and I hope once I install them everything is solid. I'll try out those donut gaskets but they look meh and I'm afraid they'll leak, but I'll take your word for it man. Should sound mean with my comp stage 2's so I'm pretty excited!! :rockon:

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Nope, my headers were clear of everything, fight nicely...:shrug: Get some pics if you can. I was honestly impressed with the quality of them for $500, I expected much worse, but I was more than happy with what I found when I opened them up. GL man, lemme know how you make out, I love mine!

Users who are viewing this thread