Observation - the rear view mirror

krman68

Established Member
I've had my 13 since the beginning of November and in that time I've put about 3k miles on it. I absolutely love the car and have gotten completely reacquainted with the heavy clutch and the power after being in a BMW for the past 5 years.

Interior wise, I think Ford did a great job with the ergonomics of the gauges, buttons and specifically the shifter however for some reason, i've noticed that the rear view mirror seems to be an obstruction to my view. I don't know if it is the placement of it or the rake of the windshield or what, it just seems too low and a bit annoying to have to look around. It appears to be placed in the proper spot but seems big and in the way. I had a 03 Cobra as well as a 95 GT and never noticed any issue just now. I'm 6'2" so I'm not overly tall

Anyone else notice this?

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, I noticed the same thing. Someone on here told me how to fix it: push up on the mirror shaft untill it's all the way up. then bend your mirror back down.

it helps some but the mirror is still in the way

chd2

Established Member
I keep my seat all the way down, and push the mirror up as others have suggested. It doesn't seem in my way, even with my V1 radar detector under it.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
While we're on the rear-view mirror...I just remembered something and haven't looked at the manual. How do I turn off the auto dimming? I like to see whats behind me at night especially if there's something on the roof...

Users who are viewing this thread