OASIS Special Service Message on my 2011

venumus93

Established Member
Venum,

I had a normal engine oil change the other day, and the tick came back worse than ever. Now, Ford wants to put the 75w-140 in mine too. The idea makes me want to vomit. See here:

5.0 Engine Problems Again - Ford Mustang Forums

daggummit that makes me sick to my stomach too. To top it all off,
I also now have a tapping noise louder than original when the A/C
is on. What. The. Frick!! Oh, and whn I turn off the a/c he original
noise is still there and seems worse most of the time.

Hiss....you are scaring he crap out of me. What are your exact concerns?

Told a local buddy of mine maybe I have to look into ordering a Boss
or go find a Shelby.....maybe that isn't soo far from the truth now. Sad that
it is embarrassing to drive my car down the road and stop at a red light where
everyone can hear it clanking away.

I am on a flight out to Vegas right now...so maybe I can do like the son on
"Vegas Vacation" and go win a new car on some slots. Haha..."I put in a dollar, I win a car."

hopefully my luck out there will be better Han my luck wih this car.

Later,
Sean

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Venum, I'm positive we have the same problem now.

Well, we know the additive they put in mine worked, but only until the next oil change. And, in the meantime, it created other ticking.

So, how would you describe the ignitor sounding tick now after they installed the 75w-140 gear lubricant? Did it really get better?

And now you have another tick?

venumus93

Established Member

Well, we know the additive they put in mine worked, but only until the next oil change. And, in the meantime, it created other ticking.

So, how would you describe the ignitor sounding tick now after they installed the 75w-140 gear lubricant? Did it really get better?

Cids, I would say the ignitor ticking sounds sounds louder than before most of the time, but not all of the time. I even had ticking noise at idle, wheras I only heard it before whn revving above idle up thru 2K RPMs. At times I am afraid it is worse than it was two weeks ago :(

the new noise is positively related to the air conditioning being turned on. It is at least twice as loud as the ignitor tick, but sounds similar. Just MUCH louder. I thot I read soemone else posting they had loud noises with the a/c on as well. I think it is a separate noise from the ignitor tick sound. I'll give the car back to Ford in a couple weeks to figure that one out as well.

Cids, are you going to let them put the 75W stuff in your car? I will be calling Ford to tell them it has only made my noise louder.

Later,
Sean

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Venum,

The ignitor sound I have was always louder with the a/c on. I believe it's because of the load placed on the engine -- just like when you put it under load when accelerate from stop, releasing the clutch. It's worse with the a/c.

As to whether I will allow the lubricant, I don't know. I am seeking legal advice . . .

TVSCobra

Established Member
After reading more about this issue, it looks like Ford IS putting gear oil in these motors. How and the hell would this help isolate an issue in the engine? That is one of the dumbest ****ing things I have ever heard. No new 5.0 for me anytime soon. Maybe after these issue are properly resolved. Good luck you guys.

jweems10

Established Member
does anyone have a sound clip or video of the tick? mine ticks when the engine is warmed up and happens between 800-2000 rpm and i just want something to compare my noise to. the ticking is a lot worse with the a/c on. sounds like it is coming from the bottom of the motor although it is hard to pinpoint. the ticking is really starting to get on my nerves as it seems it is happening more often and louder now. i am thinking about taking it to the dealer now(i was going to wait on a tsb). i wonder how many cars are actually having this issue.

venumus93

Established Member

Ok......just got oil change #2 done on my GT. 5500 miles. No additive this time. No tick when at Ford. Got home after maybe 5-7 mile drive, pulled into garage.....and car is tapping like a mo' fo' again. The noise had finally gone completely away after about 500-1000 miles after the additive was put in last time. Now it is back at the usual 800-1200 rpms when tapping throttle from an idle.

Reading your thread on allfordmustangs forum too, cid. Saw link to mine here and thought I'd provide an update. Gonna drive it for a week or so and then call my Ford buddies and let them know we have the problem again, but I don't want rear end lube in my engine...

Still wondering if the Shelby GT500 guys are having any issues like this..??

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Just found this

FLOWCHART.jpg

:)

venumus93

Established Member
Just found this

FLOWCHART.jpg

:)

HAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Even more funny was the service advisor asking me if I had been doing "spirited driving" to cause my rear tires to be so worn after 5,500 miles. Uhh, hellz yeah!! :burnout:

And I'm gonna keep driving it like it was built to be driven, tap or no tap. :-D

5pointslo

Established Member
I changed Mine at 5k just did it again at 10k :: knock on wood :: no problems so far. my build date was 3/10 . I also drove my car not hard
But def not easy from day 1 Strides up to 6k and such. A Lot of old heads always told me drive your car from day one how you want to drive it .

Users who are viewing this thread