O2 woes.....

cfry

Established Member
At the beginning of pulling my hair out on my '07 S197 GT/CS. Nothing has been done to the engine other than a Spectre CAI and Corsa axle backs.

Ever since I bought the car in Jan, I have been getting lean bank 1 and 2 codes, and once in a blue moon, I get a P050E code (cold exhaust start up temp).

The car has 138k on the clock, and as far as I know, the O2 sensors have not been replaced. I started off replacing the rears, and then the fronts. Problem now is, that the engine stalls when sitting at either a stop sign or traffic light or even backing onto the driveway at home. I swapped the O2s around on the passenger side, since the front passenger side was the last one for me to do. Before I swapped the front passenger O2 sensor, engine would idle at 750, now, it is struggling to hold 500 RPM. Again, as far as I know, it does not have a tune in it, as there was no tuner when I bought the car.

Im rather lost on it right now. Just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem or advice on a direction to do.

Some things on the list to do to it include....... Tuner (for sure), BBK long tubes with the BBK mid X pipe with cats, maybe some bigger injectors and maybe a set of fuel rails. I realize that there will not be any power gains with injectors and fuel rails, and Im ok with that. I just want to have a car that is reliable, sounds great, go out and have fun with and take to the drag strip and then drive home.

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread