O2 sensors

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Is there a difference between part numbers for the front and rear O2's? One of my fronts died and I don't want to spend $100 if I can just swap it with one of the rears as the rears are turned off.

sncbluegt

Established Member
Hopefully Jon can chime in on that one. I think in the older cars the heater circuit was different in downstream than upstream but I can't remember anymore.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
The fronts are a UEGO or wideband sensor, completely different from the rear. They're pretty important on these cars. Why did it conk out?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Is your car tuned? From the code description the dtc is set when the o2 voltage doesn't meet expected numbers during deceleration fuel shutoff. Not sure if tuners mess with that setting, anybody?

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Is your car tuned? From the code description the dtc is set when the o2 voltage doesn't meet expected numbers during deceleration fuel shutoff. Not sure if tuners mess with that setting, anybody?

the wire from the clip to sensor was melted through, it touched the header, just went under and had a look. 2 of the wires had copper showing and were probably shorting across the header

sncbluegt

Established Member

Jon I'm pretty sure when a car has long tubes they have to change something that has to do with the amount of time it takes for the rear o2 to heat up for the heater circuit to turn off. Not sure about this code specifically but I went rounds with a 08 gt500 on that issue

Users who are viewing this thread