o2 sensor question

john123456

Established Member
ok the car i recently bought a 97 cobra had a catless x where i live we have emissions so i got some magna flow high flow cats had the muffler shop put them in well while they had it up i looked under it and both front o2 sensor s are screwed in but nut pluged in but yet car seems to run normal shouldnt it be running like crap without them hooked up? now the back ones were plugged in but its not like they should really do anything without cats in there i mean thats all they do is check if the cats are working right? so wth:shrug: o and no engine lights so its either burnt out or unplugged or something becuase the o2 sensor codes were poped for all 4

Last edited:

dart454twinturb

Established Member
On a 97 with the correct tuner I know you can turn off the rear ones. So having the rear ones plugged in may not even matter. Is there anything plugged into the factory harness for the front O2 sensors. Sometimes they have cheaters plugged in.

john123456

Established Member
nope nothing just open plugs but i got the extenders in the mail today so hopefully when i plug them in the codes wont pop again

Users who are viewing this thread