O2 sensor not ready...need help...

D1STRRBD

Established Member
I put a 90mm TB on my car with long tubes and a high flow catted H-pipe back in the spring time...Now both my front O2 sensors (O2 and Heated O2) continue to read as not ready for my emission inspection. The guy who tuned my car said, the high flow cats are not allowing enough voltage between the front and rear sensors. He said to modify some non foulers to get the rear sensors out of the exhaust flow and that should help with the voltage issue. I have done that and it still failed. I have driven my car at highway speeds for 15-20 minute plus some stop and go traffic driving. Currently I am in the process of following the owners manual to a T for the next one which will be ready later on today. If anyone has information on what I may be doing wrong or what I can do to get these sensors ready any info will be helpful. Here is a list of all the the mods on my car that may affect emissions.

CAI
90mm TB
Long Tubes
High flow catted H-pipe
Catback exhaust

My car is a 2014 5.0L

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blue 07

Established Member
looked up your profile, cant see what state your from ? If anywhere near NH, your best bet is to see Pete and Josh at Performance Dyno.

D1STRRBD

Established Member
looked up your profile, cant see what state your from ? If anywhere near NH, your best bet is to see Pete and Josh at Performance Dyno.

Pete at Performance Dyno tuned my car...he told me to do the non foulers. However I only used one per side...he just emailed me and told me to stack two non foulers on each other. One drilled out to accommodate the sensor and the other unmodified. So i will buy two more and stack them up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

gjeff

Established Member
I am running these spacers with Kooks Long Tubes and Catted X.
Vibrant 11619 J-Style Oxygen Sensor
They have three different orifices for adjusting airflow.
I am currently running the largest size without an CEL.
Added bonus you have more room for your O2 sensors and can adjust the angle so condensation does not collect on the O2 tip.

D1STRRBD

Established Member
I am running these spacers with Kooks Long Tubes and Catted X.
Vibrant 11619 J-Style Oxygen Sensor
They have three different orifices for adjusting airflow.
I am currently running the largest size without an CEL.
Added bonus you have more room for your O2 sensors and can adjust the angle so condensation does not collect on the O2 tip.

Where did you buy these sensors...i did a search at the few auto parts stores in my area and found nothing in the search results for Vibrant O2 sensors.

D1STRRBD

Established Member
By trade I'm a Machinist...i have a machine shop available to me. As long as they have a machine open. I'm thinking about engineering an extended 18mm spark plug non foulers in place of stacking two of them. Seams they only make one length of 18mm non foulers. I can not stack two on each side of my H-pipe. It make them to long. There is about a 1/4" of interference to thread in one of the O2 sensors. What a headache these long tubes and high flow cats are causing.

Wait i should say what a headache New York is causing. Stupid emissions. I got your climate change!!!

Riptide

Established Member
Vibrant J style with the middle size pills did not work for my TVS car with off-road H. O2, O2 heater, and catalyst not ready. The straight style defoulers would not fit. Couldn't clear the transmission pan. Never got the monitors to go ready this way. My tune may have had some issue preventing the defoulers from solving the problem. I don't know.

Good luck with it. Can be a huge pain.

D1STRRBD

Established Member
Vibrant J style with the middle size pills did not work for my TVS car with off-road H. O2, O2 heater, and catalyst not ready. The straight style defoulers would not fit. Couldn't clear the transmission pan. Never got the monitors to go ready this way. My tune may have had some issue preventing the defoulers from solving the problem. I don't know.

Good luck with it. Can be a huge pain.

I found these on Amazon...bought them with a M18X1.5 tap. I'm need to cut about a 1/4" off each one. Then retap the threads So the O2 sensors can be threaded in without interference. If these do not work. I will try the vibrants next. I think these might work. The inlet hole looks smaller than the non foulers I'm using now, that are not working.
e50d447856f756aa4a8b8517aa6c1858.png

Last edited:

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Is there a way to check if they are ready or not with the SCT X4? If I go to the inspection place they will charge you for the inspection either way so I would like to know before I go. I don't have a cel on but they still could be not ready.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

D1STRRBD

Established Member
Is there a way to check if they are ready or not with the SCT X4? If I go to the inspection place they will charge you for the inspection either way so I would like to know before I go. I don't have a cel on but they still could be not ready.

The SCT X4 does not have that function to check readiness. The dealer I go to treats me very well. They let me use their hand held device to check the readiness at no charge. I orders a couple different O2 extensions just as they came in. My water pump failed. I just got my water pump replaced. I put the vibrant O2 extension on I'm in the process of driving my car to get the sensors ready. I will stop at the dealer tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
The SCT X4 does not have that function to check readiness. The dealer I go to treats me very well. They let me use their hand held device to check the readiness at no charge. I orders a couple different O2 extensions just as they came in. My water pump failed. I just got my water pump replaced. I put the vibrant O2 extension on I'm in the process of driving my car to get the sensors ready. I will stop at the dealer tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
To bad SCT doesn't give us that feature. That's cool your dealership will do that for you, all the dealers I've dealt with don't seem to want to bother with that type of service.

Riptide

Established Member
HP Tuner can check the readiness. There are also some Bluetooth obd2 readers that will and they can be had fairly cheap.

D1STRRBD

Established Member
To bad SCT doesn't give us that feature. That's cool your dealership will do that for you, all the dealers I've dealt with don't seem to want to bother with that type of service.

I've bought 5 vehicles and had body work done there 3 different times and had service work and certain thing installed on my car in the past 6 years. I have spent quite a bit of money at that dealership. But then it is a small dealer and they are very family oriented. Two thumbs up to Morris Ford.

gjeff

Established Member
The Harbor Freight Scan tools are always on sale. They work great for checking the readiness monitors. I drove too many short drives that did not allow the test to complete the readiness checks sooner. The EGR readiness was the last sensor, it took nearly 100 miles to come ready.

My local Emissions test both tailpipe and OBD2 monitors. I still recommend the Vibrant 11619 oxygen sensor restrictor. With the Kooks hi flow cats I used the largest of the three inserts and passed just this month.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I've bought 5 vehicles and had body work done there 3 different times and had service work and certain thing installed on my car in the past 6 years. I have spent quite a bit of money at that dealership. But then it is a small dealer and they are very family oriented. Two thumbs up to Morris Ford.

OP, what was the outcome here?

I had similar monitor readiness issue in my car and Pete resolved it quickly back in July.

So how did you make out? All set now?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread