O2 Sensor codes after tune

KNGSNAKE

Established Member
I got the cobra tuned this past friday. About the time i got back home the check engine light came on. Plugged in the Predator to check the codes and its giving me 2 O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean codes. ive turned the O2 sensors and the heaters off and each time that i do the check engine light goes away but only until i start it again. Everything was fine on the dyno Any ideas? thanks

RealBadDude

Banned
data log it

drive while logging/watching the O2's. see if they are moving or changing voltage. be sure to check all 4. this will isolate it to either a specific failed O2 sensor, or a larger problem.

my worry is that if it happened right after a tune, then maybe the tune is bad and your car is running lean. If that is the case, the behavior should be the same on both front O2 sensors.

keep in mind the rears are after the cats so they should show right about the middle, maybe .5 to .8 volt range. (assuming you run cats)

if both front o2 sensors show this stuck lean, then ithink you got a bad tune because i doubt they both went bad at the same time.
if you are lean the rear o2 sensors should show lean as well.

KNGSNAKE

Established Member
the codes are P2270 and P2272. and the predator says "stuck lean". i checked the fuel table on the predator also, and 2-4k is set at -2%, 4-7k is at -2%. can someone translate that?

Edit: would turning the O2 sensors off generate this code?

Last edited:

KNGSNAKE

Established Member
not sure if this will help in the diagnosis. i see that the sheet says 2-4k 10% but thats not what the predator is showing.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
The code is indicative of pinched/burned wires for the o2 sensors.

Crawl under the car and check out the wiring.

The PCM is trying to tell you it can't read the sensors, or the sensors are so darn slow that the reading doesn't matter.

At worst, you need new o2 sensors.

KNGSNAKE

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
The code is indicative of pinched/burned wires for the o2 sensors.

Crawl under the car and check out the wiring.

The PCM is trying to tell you it can't read the sensors, or the sensors are so darn slow that the reading doesn't matter.

At worst, you need new o2 sensors.

if your right... that makes me feel a whole lot better. ill check them out. thanks for the input

Users who are viewing this thread