O2 monitor will not go ready.

green99_svt

Established Member
I have a 99 cobra with an sct tune and done by a very good tuner. Car runs great zero issues other than the O2 monitor will not go ready, thus keeping the cat and evap monitors from going ready. There are no trouble codes and no mechanical issues. The tuner also sent me a tune without any changes for longtubes but it still will not run the monitor. All other monitors are ready; comprehensive component, misfire, fuel system, egr , Mod list as follows

Lmaf
39# injectors
Mafia setting 2
Vortech strim draw through, non intercooled
Long tube headers
Off road x with mil Elims
Fr500 cams
4:10 gears

Also note worthy the car has had the cams and long tubes for many years and had no issues running monitors on the stock tune, I never received any slow response codes because of them. Also I can see the O2s are switching in the data stream and on the wide band. What settings in the tune could hold the computer back from running this monitor.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The rear O2's need to be turned on. The O2's you're watching on the datalog are the fronts.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Not sure if it applies, but I had a similar issue with my '14. Every would set to ready except o2 and HTR. My cure was to drive 40mph for 4 miles, let it sit overnight and they reset. I know someone else had the same issue and did this drive cycle and it worked for them also. It has to be continuous 40mph for 4 miles. No stopping, slowing or speeding up. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread