O/T My new 435hp MB motored vehicle

1993R

Established Member
Bought a new vehicle today Freightliner C120 435hp Mercedes Benz Diesel with 10 sp clutchless gearbox. 22 foot reefer box that will keep the beers cool to -20F. 3300lb lift gate,flatscreen tv,microwave,dvd,sat radioand 70" sleeper unit.Hopefully it will haul the freight.........:coolman:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Very cool! :rockon: I would love 435hp in my motorhome!! (I'm assuming that's turbo'd?) :bowdown:

I'm not sure you want to chill your beer to -20?! :read: :poke: Well, unless it's Busch Light? Then it might taste better!?! ;-)

Why is the sleeper only 70"? Does it not go the complete width? What do tall guys do?

Have fun with that baby!!! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Are you going to run her at Pikes Peak? :-D

You could carry some serious spare parts and tools to the track in that thing. Are you going to be trackside support for the rest of us :lol:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
1993R said:
Bought a new vehicle today Freightliner C120 435hp Mercedes Benz Diesel with 10 sp clutchless gearbox. 22 foot reefer box that will keep the beers cool to -20F. 3300lb lift gate,flatscreen tv,microwave,dvd,sat radioand 70" sleeper unit.Hopefully it will haul the freight.........:coolman:

I'm sure it will haul the (cold) freight. :beer:

What is the available weight load?

Will you hire a driver, or do you have a CD license?

Are you going to be trackside support for the rest of us
I doubt we could afford it. :-D

1993R

Established Member
Basically the truck is being leased back to Fed Ex with a team by my company. The truck will work in the Custom Critical white glove division. Fed Ex requires a bunch a certifications and specific equipment to haul the merchandise for them. My normal loads will be less than 10,000 lbs. At least I can now tell my wife she owns a Benz :) I could have bought a couple of really nice Porsche GT3's for what this baby costs.........

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
1993R said:
I could have bought a couple of really nice Porsche GT3's for what this baby costs.........

Darn Larry, you could have bought those GT3's, and our friends here could have helped you win millions and millions of dollars winning LeMans, the 12 Hour, the 24 Hour, and then we could have gotten all that money from Porsche USA. We could be motorsport hero's.

Bruce could have worked with his hero:
DE.gif

We could have another few million in sponsorships.......:D

1993R

Established Member
Well maybe in a few years things will be happening well enough we can have some full time fun.Just pray for hurricanes because we are contracted to FEMA and that's some big bucks...4 per year would be really good. If anyone needs my services for real shoot me an e-mail. I will only transport legal pharmaceuticals so that leaves Doc out of the picture for now.

Users who are viewing this thread