O/R X pipe ?

91hatch

Established Member
I am debating putting an o/r x pipe on my car. Not really concerned about the car being loud just wanted to check and see if there is a gas smell inside the car. I know from experience my older mustangs had a strong gas smell inside the car.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I'm running a lethal o/r h pipe and have been for 3k miles. If I have my windows down I smell fumes but there isn't any smell in the car.

I was worried about this too but I took the chance and now am glad because I don't even think about it now or ever smell anything unless stopped with windows down.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
i also have the BBR XPIPE,which is the same as lethal,,,zero smell at all,never had a smell????another internet rumor i supose!

91hatch

Established Member
Thanks for the replys guys. I guess im still used to tin can fox bodys haha. I used to smell of gas getting out of my old hatchback guess mustangs have come along way

Bud

Established Member
I get gas smell with the windows down sitting at a stoplight, or cold start up. Nothing worth complaining about though, it is minimal.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
i have the BBR o/r X...no smell inside or out....every once in a while i'll catch a hint...but thats it

91hatch

Established Member
Thanks couple more ?s. Is there any difference from the UPR X pipe and Lethal they look to be the same design and upr's is about $50 cheaper. Also what kind of axle back are people running with there o/r x i currently have magnaflow muffler deletes wondering if anyone else had this set up with an o/r x.

Fast Willy

Established Member
The smell sometimes come from putting one on and not getting a retune because the car wants to dump for fuel in that isnt be caught by the cats. Most that get a retune for the O/R x-pipe shouldnt have a problem.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I have the Lethal O/R X-pipe on my car for almost a year (it was my 1st mod) and haven't had any problems with a gas smell.

I have the Mac axleback on my car and it sounds VERY good IMO!! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread