O/R X Pipe Install Tips?

91hatch

Established Member
Just got my upr x pipe in for my car. Only problem ive had so far is getting the top nut on the passenger side i got a long extension and swivel on it but its tight. Havent tryed any wd-40 yet. Also i noticed there was a gasket on the passenger side where it meets the header can i reuse the stock one or do i need to buy a new one?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Just got my upr x pipe in for my car. Only problem ive had so far is getting the top nut on the passenger side i got a long extension and swivel on it but its tight. Havent tryed any wd-40 yet. Also i noticed there was a gasket on the passenger side where it meets the header can i reuse the stock one or do i need to buy a new one?

Hit it with some WD40 and then try to get some leverage on the rachet.

351inside

Established Member
Correct hit it with wd40, let it sit for about 20-30 min, use extensions, and a cheater bar like we call it for tge rachet easy install alone, but way easier if you could get a hand to help you align the rachect with the bolt when you got those long extensions

91hatch

Established Member
X pipe install went pretty smooth i have one small problem thats buggin me. Where the pipe from the header connects to the x pipe on the driver side it has a small leak. The pipe bends in at an angle and not a straight shot like the passenger side. I think part of the problem is the fact it came with a band clamp do you think a different clamp would solve this or do i need to have it welded?

Users who are viewing this thread