O/R pipe and AEM are in...

Mystic 544

Established Member
Weeeeeeeeeeeee now there is a lot more zip in project Zippy!
Install was pretty straight forward for both pieces.
Found it easier to get the AEM Cold Air System adjusted with the battery box out! Would like to figure out a way to put the actual filter up higher to keep road debris farther away! Also, thought I remember hearing someone say there is a guard available? If so where?
Stupid top heat shield bolts on the stock Cat-pipe were messed up, made it difficult to get the O2 sensor out – and means that the shield will rattle if/when I have to put it back on.
Got them both on over the weekend and have had a few days to dive on the mods and these are great changes! It totally opened up the torque curve! I can actually take off in second now (old habits are hard to break), barks going into 2nd and pulls hard throughout the gears! The AEM makes an interesting whistle when I shift – almost like there is a small turbo under there :)
The o/r pipe makes some noise under 3300 rpms then goes quiet until 5K and up where she starts to scream! If you are not in a totally open area – she actually sounds mean! I’m going to have to have someone drive her so I can listen to the new set up! Having a hard time keeping my foot out of it!
Next up, the Steeda shifter!

:beer:

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Just got my Steeda Shifter. Tomorrow my MBRP comes. Next It is an ORP and a CAI. I think...

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Glad you are enjoying your new toy Mystic. My aem whistles too. There is a cheap plastic shield for 9.99 at many auto parts stores. It covers half the filter. I bought two and made a shell of sorts. I love the off-road pipe, it's pretty racy at higher rpms. Enjoy! E-

woodchuckbob

Established Member
how much louder does the off-road pipe make the car? I don't want it take over the cabin under normal driving. I know it'll sound great because these engines sound good, but will it make it like an aftermarket muffler on a ricer? where all you hear in the cabin is the annoying buzz of the engine?

Mystic 544

Established Member
"The o/r pipe makes some noise under 3300 rpms then goes quiet until 5K and up where she starts to scream!"
The o/r/p does add volume throughout the rpm range. When you take off there is a little drone up to around 3300 then the whole system gets quiet until after 5K rpm where it does actually get kind of loud--but that really only happens when you're getting on it hard and it makes you want to put your foot throught he floor at that point :) In 5th/6th you really don't hear anything unless you are going up a hill, then it does start to make some more noise.
Overall it is not annoying at all....unless you drive around at 6K all the time :)

Users who are viewing this thread