O/R exhaust

S7OCK_03

WHIPPLED
Established Member
So my inspection is coming up in September, I know its far off, and I'm worried about passing since i have an o/r Prochamber with weld in Flows. I know they don't put the sniffer on it since its an 03 but you can still look or smell it yourself.

I found a bassani catted x for $75 but its had the o2 bungs welded shut, dont know why. would it be cost efficient to buy it and fix? or get some cat shells and just bolt em on?

What should i do?

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
Try to go through first before you do anything. I took mine thru with a UPR O/R X & leaded race gas in it just for the hell of it & the dude passed me. Smelled up the whole damn bay with race gas scent. Either the guy was dumb or din't care. Or both.

Evan5469

Established Member
Yeah I agree with lloyd. Just try to take it the way it is. I don't think the people working there know too much about cars to being with. They'll probably just take the scan tool and pass it with no questions asked.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I've never failed before.
Whats the procedure if you fail inspection?
You're arrested & your car is impounded.

Nah, nothing happens, you just come back with whatever problem you had fixed, in your case you'd come back with cats. In TN if you don't pass you don't pay so you're not out anything if you fail. Worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread