O.C. effects

393f150

Established Member
hey guys,
I was sprayed on thursday(9/11/08). First off no words can describe that pain. I thought I was ready for it, was I wrong. They used the style with alcohol in it, full face. Anyhow like a tard after I made my arrest I jumped into the water mule, it never crossed my mind that the oc would run down my chest and into "home plate". At least that buring kept my attention off of the burning on my face. My question is this: Friday for our final PT exam I noticed when I did my pushups I got a horrible headache in my neck. It was isolated and did not last long, I just attributed it to stress or fatigue. Today when some of us hit the gym I started getting the headaches again. I said somthing about it and about five of the other guys said they noticed they had strong headaches in isolated areas that they didn't have before. They also noticed that the headaches only come on when they do pushups or similar exercises. Anyone ever heard of this before? It just seems a little odd. Thanks

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
I had too chuckle a little brought back some memories indeed. The best way for me to describe the pain is like pouring gasoline on your face and then lighting it on fire. I did not take it well at all.
I had a headache for the rest of the day, but that was it. No ill effects.

CSD

Banned
This is in response to its inhalation which can cause acute hypertension, which in turn causes headaches and increases the risk of stroke or heart attack. However, all ill effects should be non-existent within 24-48 hours. I'd see a doctor.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I rememebr my first time....it took about 10 seconds to hit me...i thought i was one of the lucky 1% that it didnt effect......it made me feel like I was at mcdonalds, at the french fry machine....using my face to get them out of the boiling grease....."bobing for french fryz"

CSD

Banned
I rememebr my first time....it took about 10 seconds to hit me...i thought i was one of the lucky 1% that it didnt effect......it made me feel like I was at mcdonalds, at the french fry machine....using my face to get them out of the boiling grease....."bobing for french fryz"

One officer from my class stood with a grin for about twenty seconds before it set in. He was the second to get hit so all of us were like "oh maybe it's not so bad," boy were we wrong lol.

wikedcobra312

FLEO
Established Member
+100, that was a horrible feeling(not the initial spray or during the arrest, but during the rinse), i would consult with a doctor if you are still feeling effects. one of the guys in my class was a cop in bulgaria and when he got sprayed he stood and smiled.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Our guys get sprayed with it, and they all say its a pretty bad pain. They usually get the rest of the day off. I kinda want to do it to see what its like, i've got a pretty good pain tolerance. I also wonder if different organizations use different types, like the law enforcement uses different compared to the military(USMC)...

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I would rather be shot than have to take O.C. spray to the face again.. especally since it made the surface of my eyes look like someone had taken sand paper to them..

(had to get sprayed to carry it for security forces in the Navy)

5lightning0

Greyghost
Established Member
I told my Chief I would quit before I got sprayed again, "we use Fox"! I don't remember any headaches though.

carnut726

Established Member
no head aches here but it royally sucked. we get a full face hit and then 2 other people wrestle you for your red-gun ..... once you start breathing hard and sweating it gets worse.

393f150

Established Member
My headaches are gone. However my left eye is still aggravated. I cannot imagine being the bad guy and getting hit with it, then having to wait on emt's while being handcuffed.

NukeGuard

Established Member
I would rather be shot than have to take O.C. spray to the face again.. especally since it made the surface of my eyes look like someone had taken sand paper to them..

(had to get sprayed to carry it for security forces in the Navy)

Same here. After we dunked our heads in water and sat in front of fans forever it seemed to ease up some. I got the rest of the day off, so I went home and started mowing the yard. As soon as I started sweating it started all over again. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread