NYC under a tornado warning.....

aaandht

Established Member
...All the news stations are making it sound like its the end of the world. Everything has stopped and they are making it sound like an F5 is going to hit NYC. The newscaster is talking like they were talking on 9/11.

I was just outside driving in it(13-20 in/hr rain fall HOLY SHIT). But its really not that big of a deal....

aaandht

Established Member
The Northeast has seen some really bizarre weather this summer.

Nah, we get at least one warning per year. Every time it happens it starts in Bergenfield, and I'm always there when it happens.

But I've never seen such a heavy rainfall. Radar indicated close to 30 inches per hour!

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
actually just strager weather in general. last nite we some crazy lightning storm here in So. Cal. what made it crazy was how close it looked, how constant it was, and there was no thunder or rain.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
lol you should see SoCal news when we get a light rain. They act like a nuclear bomb just went off.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
actually just strager weather in general. last nite we some crazy lightning storm here in So. Cal. what made it crazy was how close it looked, how constant it was, and there was no thunder or rain.

Yeah wtf was that. I saw lighting but it wasn't raining or anything.

aaandht

Established Member
Few weeks ago there was an incredible lightning storm, it seriously looked like a rave outside. For about an hour just non-stop lightning.

ibglobalwarminghippies

terrible one

American Made
Established Member

i stayed up all night watching that! i loved it, reminded me of NM. there was some Thunder (although limited) and we did get an evening shower (very light though and hours before the thunder storm)

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
lol you should see SoCal news when we get a light rain. They act like a nuclear bomb just went off.

haha! so true, its "flash flood warnings" non stop on the news... its actually pretty entertaining sometimes. whats worse though is how many people manage to crash their cars in 'light rain' i swear its like the already crappiest drivers of the US turn into kill mode in SoCal

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Probably the same douches that are predicting the weather in 2100.

One of our local stations weather tagline is "Not meant to alarm but inform!".

Media = asshats

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Few weeks ago there was an incredible lightning storm, it seriously looked like a rave outside. For about an hour just non-stop lightning.

ibglobalwarminghippies

I was sure I was gonna lose power then. It was beyond pouring today.

aaandht

Established Member
I was sure I was gonna lose power then. It was beyond pouring today.

Did you hear about that print shop fire in little ferry? It started just after the storm. We were suppose to be there at 7:30am to put a roof top unit on, got there and there was no roof to speak of. At first we had to get questioned cause we were the last ones on the roof the day before. Turned out that storm screwed the electrical and blew something causing a print machine to catch fire.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Did you hear about that print shop fire in little ferry? It started just after the storm. We were suppose to be there at 7:30am to put a roof top unit on, got there and there was no roof to speak of. At first we had to get questioned cause we were the last ones on the roof the day before. Turned out that storm screwed the electrical and blew something causing a print machine to catch fire.

Nope. Sure I will tomorrow though.

Users who are viewing this thread