NY Autoshow

95rcobra

Yesterday a few of our cruise club members got together and went to the autoshow in NYC. Mayor Rudy G gave a opening ceremony speech and in we went. NJ2000 and Jersey Vics were two notables from this site who went along to the show. Of course the Blue Oval had the most interesting vehicles at the show and that started with the new GT-40. Awesome is the only word to describe this machine. Crowds were around this car all day long. the S7 Saleen is truly a supercar and another machine I would like in my garage. The new 2003 Cobra was there with that Hot powerplant stuffed under the new Cobra hood. the new 2003 Mach 1 was there but Red in color instead of the Blue. Lots of features on the Mach I like better than the new Cobra but hey thats only my opinion. SVT Focus was there but got very little attention because of the other Hot Fords there. the Truck that stole the show was the Mighty F350 Tonka Ford. this truck is awesome looking in person. I have seen photos online but they do it no justice. It has an incredible stance and look about it and we all spent some good time looking this rig over. I dont want to admit it but the Dodge SRT 10 truck was pretty Hot too. the Black metallic paint on this truck was awesome and the 24" wheels and tires did not look that bad in person. If it ever does come into production it will be one smokin truck from Dodge. we saw plenty of vehicles from Beemers to Benz's then on to Aston Martin's, Range Rover's and Jags. all of them were very impressive. the Joke of the show was the Chevy SSR. We walked up to it when they were just starting a Demo and when they tried to close the auto top it broke. Typical Chevy as Brandon would say. It was one of the Better shows I have been to in years at the Javits Center and there was plenty to see for everyone. the place was packed. Later 95rcobra.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I headed down to the NY autoshow yesterday with a friend of mine, only a 4 hour ride from Mass. But anyways, I agree with your coverage of the show, really impressive overall, but I was somewhat disapointed that Ford did not have any info. on the new MACH 1, and they would not open the hood on the 03 for us.
Other than that, it was worth the ride. This was my 6th year in a row going to the show, it's always a lot better than the show in Boston.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
hmmm, the hood was open on the '03 cobra saturday when I was there....maybe stuff was stolen off of it and they closed the hood? :mj:

thats what bugs me the most about the NY auto show....the way people steal emblems, radio and shifter knobs, and intentionally break things like wiper switches and turn signals :fm:

and then people wonder why some of the cars are roped off....

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
yeah then there are the people that pretend they are in a rap video driving with their friends and blast the music... :mj:

i get pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread