NX vs. NOS?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
The application would be for an '03. 75 shot. What are the benefits and advantages of NX over NOS and vice-versa?

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think you'd get a better response in the 03 section since big fishy doesn't come around anymore :-(

1qwkpny

Established Member
NX all the way. IT has a better nozzle I think it's called the "shark" or something. Well lets put it this way there wouldnt be adapter kits for putting the NX nozzle on the NOS kits if the NOS kit was better. Really its your call but I've found that my friends who use it (NX) love it.

ForceInjection

Established Member
I've been using NOS for about 9 years now and out of 3 applications I only burnt out one solenoid. I rarely experience any problems with NOS. They started the game and that's one reason why I trust them a lot.

Grant

Established Member
I t really just comes down to who you like better...they are both really good and really friendly....I prefer Nx myself.... but thats my .02c

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I have to say first of all I hate the whole NAWS thing. Its N O S. hehe One of those things carried over from the import world i guess. I love that a term misused in a movie can become part of our language. Like the whole "not double clutching like he should" thing. Ok now that i got it out of my system, I like the NX kits better. Rated RWHP from the kit. 100 shot=100hp. Looked at zex, NOS and other brands and for the money and quality i like the NX kit.
PS no flame intended to the import world or anyone that took offense to my NAWS thing>

Travis

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
N.O.S. (not NOSS!!!!!!!!!) and Nitrous express work on the same principal that nitrous kits have been using for years.
They both use on-off solenoids that control the fuel/nitrous flow.

ZEX seems to have something interesting on thier hands. Im still not sure exactly how it all works, but its computerized, and has no solenoids.

anyone? how does the ZEX system work, anyways?

-Homer

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
The ZEX kit reads your fuel pressure and allows flow of nitrous accordingly. If your cars fuel is low like at idle it will not deliver any nitrous. But when you accelerate you are able to have the nitrous activated under low RPM's. It will only deliver as much nitrous as your fuel pressure permits. The only advantage would be that you could launch on with the bottle activated. Still I trust NOS and NX kits the most. My personal preference is the NX. But the direct injection kit from NOS is bad-ass.

Hope this helps! This is what was explained to me by the ZEX guys.

Travis:read:

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
What is the engine longevity with a properly configured NOS system. I am scared to death of blowing this 03 motor. Can NOS really be used safely. I guess I've watched too many movies where dudes are grenading thier motors.
And which is the safer method dry or wet?. And who makes the best kit?

Grant

Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus
What is the engine longevity with a properly configured NOS system. I am scared to death of blowing this 03 motor. Can NOS really be used safely. I guess I've watched too many movies where dudes are grenading thier motors.
And which is the safer method dry or wet?. And who makes the best kit?
The only differece between a wet and a dry are that the wet kits spray gas along w/ the nitrous...the dy only sprays nitrous...IMO wet is better...but that just my opionion...:-D :-D

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Like I stated before I prefere the NX kit and for my car I have to run the wet kit. I like the wet kit better to me it does seem safer as far as keeping a rich lean mixture the way you want it. The only thing about a wet kit on a negative side is this.... Keep in mind your intake manifold is desogned to carry air (or other gases) not a liquid. When you spray fuel into your intake you take a chance (even if it is a small one) of the fuel puddleing in the intake. This can lead to a nitrous backfire much easier. Turning your intake into a grenade isnt cool. NOScobra2001 had a nitrous problem due to a faulty bottle heater. This in turn cause way too much bottle pressure and he had a nitrous backfire. Not a pretty sight huh Rob? Anyways that is a long answer to a shot question...hope it helps

Travis

Users who are viewing this thread