GO LOBOS!
Established Member
seriously.... WTF:dw:

Taken from another thread on SVTP

2viqx5v.gif

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
the whole corvette reverse thing could be similar to the pontiacs that something about the reverse light comes on during a shift or something? ive never ran a z06 or run at a 1/4 but would he honestly shift into 5th? idk about rpms mph and so fourth but shifting in 5th that far down the track seems impractical. i dont see him actually going into R but who knows.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
the whole corvette reverse thing could be similar to the pontiacs that something about the reverse light comes on during a shift or something? ive never ran a z06 or run at a 1/4 but would he honestly shift into 5th? idk about rpms mph and so fourth but shifting in 5th that far down the track seems impractical. i dont see him actually going into R but who knows.

You would have to be otherworldly horrible at driving to put a z06 in reverse during a 1/4 mile run. In fact, it may not even be possible.

The transmissions the GM uses have actuated gates that control shifter movement. Most notably is the stupid skip shift which makes you skip 2nd and 3rd when you're babying the car. I don't know for certain as I've never tried, but there's likely a gate that also keeps the shifter out of the reverse gear.

To get into reverse with the car at a complete stop requires a reach and a decent amount of push to slide the shift lever over far enough to engage reverse.

Not to mention, with the gearing the way it is, the video above would have the driver going from 2nd to reverse. The top of 4th gear is around 150mph.

Alas, to engage the reverse lights would mean the guy actually managed to do that. This person may in fact be the worlds worst driver.

DCAN87

Established Member
You would have to be otherworldly horrible at driving to put a z06 in reverse during a 1/4 mile run. In fact, it may not even be possible.

The transmissions the GM uses have actuated gates that control shifter movement. Most notably is the stupid skip shift which makes you skip 2nd and 3rd when you're babying the car. I don't know for certain as I've never tried, but there's likely a gate that also keeps the shifter out of the reverse gear.

To get into reverse with the car at a complete stop requires a reach and a decent amount of push to slide the shift lever over far enough to engage reverse.

Not to mention, with the gearing the way it is, the video above would have the driver going from 2nd to reverse. The top of 4th gear is around 150mph.

Alas, to engage the reverse lights would mean the guy actually managed to do that. This person may in fact be the worlds worst driver.

All correct information. In order for my to get my Z06 into reverse, I have to be at a complete stop and slam the shifter all the way to the right, then up. It is not possible to shift into reverse even at 5 mph. I have however heard of a problem with the Z06 transmission that the gate preventing you from going into reverse does not work making it possible for you to mistakenly shift into reverse.

The 1 to 4 shift thing also sucks. I just accelerate harder in first gear and then it will allow you to go to any gear you want.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
trev where was that from?

That's a clip from the Olympics in Athens (I think) from Judo. Look up "International Judo Newaza" at youtube. Pretty kickass vid. My buddy's actually in the same vid getting armbarred by a Japanese guy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u41omoNO4U"]YouTube - Judo Newaza Grappling International Fights[/ame]

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member

I don't know man, I think if he had indeed shifted into reverse the result would've been a lot more eventful than that. Wouldn't the wheels lock up or something?

Blown 89

Established Member
trev where was that from?
Could be anywhere...that happens at every tournament.

4:40 of this video (the guy loses consciousness at 4:48).....one of my teammates knocking out a guy in an open weight tournament. He was out for a good 5 minutes after I shut the camera off:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXhjOpQ-iM"]YouTube - American Pankration Desert Quest[/ame]

dragonlightning

Established Member

4:40 of this video (the guy loses consciousness at 4:48).....one of my teammates knocking out a guy in an open weight tournament. He was out for a good 5 minutes after I shut the camera off:
YouTube - American Pankration Desert Quest

Now keep in mind I wouldn't actually say this to any of their faces lol..

But watching it without sound looks major gheyness going on lol..:pepper:

darkcrayz

Established Member

this is true. there was a bjj tournament at long beach state, long beach, ca, that i had a buddy competing in. i was curious if it was that tournament or another one.

Rookie Venom

Established Member

that dude was sick
was that an open weight class?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I don't know man, I think if he had indeed shifted into reverse the result would've been a lot more eventful than that. Wouldn't the wheels lock up or something?

Depends on how quickly he caught it as he was disengaging the clutch. It's possible to do it and not cause irreparable harm, or other ill effects. But the key is realizing you f'd up quickly enough to get that clutch back in.

Now there are solenoid bypass products which are meant to disable the skip shift engineered into the transmission. I'm wonder, out loud, if that would also disable the gates that keep the shifter out of reverse in a moving vehicle.

hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread