NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

NoMonica!

I'm Naked...
Established Member
wtfru.jpg

Rick88LX

Established Member
It's my understanding that we don't test roll over avoidance in the states. We test things like crash worthiness and roof strength in the event of a roll-over. Even then, much of that is IIHS testing which manufacturers are in no way obligated to meet.

I found this from the NHTSA which states that they will use the "static stability factor" which is a stationary calculation. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards: Rollover Resistance Notice So as long as manufacturers meet this stationary test, they are within compliance.

It doesn't look like we actually test rollover avoidance in the manor that some European nations do, by actually subjecting the vehicle to an emergency avoidance test.

Again I'd state that even if the test was faked, it's still concerning how that vehicle handled.

This is probably deserving of a separate topic outside of this thread, so...back to the funny!

There's a LOT more to all of this...but it's not worth getting into here. It's a sensationalized video and let's leave it at that. And by the way, low tire pressure monitoring is required by law now.
Bring on the funny stuff.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member

wonder if the srt-8's stiffer/lower suspension could offset it's grippier wheel/tire combo in that test...

yeah but the pudding is useless since that test proves nothing lol

test proves how unstable the vehicle is in an evasive maneuver. Seems pretty obvious to me.

chrysler has been arguing that this test was faked, and they overloaded it with weight to produce the results.... Obviously they are full of shit

i must say i laughed when the tire popped off the bead. Although chrysler needs to get their shit together and fix this before we have another explorer roll over scare ending with uhaul not allowing anyone with a grand cherokee to rent a trailer :dw:

so you must have a lot of vehicle dynamics test experience then, right? Since you know they're full of shit.

I haven't seen the actual video, but i suspect it's the nato lane change test. I worked in impact testing at chrysler for almost ten years and i've never heard of the "moose test"...but the nato lane change is run by vehicle dynamics/vehicle development.

Anyway, you don't sell vehicles if you don't pass the test. Simple.

Not sure who the third party test facility is either...but without knowing all the facts, i'd hesitate to comment that anyone is full of anything.

watch the video. Even if it was faked, i'd say the car has issues that need to be addressed. How many people buying this car ever even look at maximum payload? How many people buying these ever check their tire pressure? You better believe there are cars like this driving around overloaded with under-inflated tires. Especially in this country were the vast majority of drivers aren't concerned with driving period.

So even if they overloaded the car and under-inflated the tires, it still doesn't perform well in an emergency maneuver. That's very apparent.

For a major manufacturer to simply dismiss it is also worrying. Again, even if the car was overloaded yada yada, it warrants taking a look at why the vehicle is behaving in such a manor.

i'm calling the :bs: Flag on the video. They seem to be the only one that has exposed this "problem" yet this jeep has been out for a while now.

Back to teh funny
c6e4d896-d5f0-a070.jpg

i don't have to watch the video to know that ya'll need to find another thread to bitch about it in, christ.

it's my understanding that we don't test roll over avoidance in the states. We test things like crash worthiness and roof strength in the event of a roll-over. Even then, much of that is iihs testing which manufacturers are in no way obligated to meet.

I found this from the nhtsa which states that they will use the "static stability factor" which is a stationary calculation. federal motor vehicle safety standards: Rollover resistance notice so as long as manufacturers meet this stationary test, they are within compliance.

It doesn't look like we actually test rollover avoidance in the manor that some european nations do, by actually subjecting the vehicle to an emergency avoidance test.

Again i'd state that even if the test was faked, it's still concerning how that vehicle handled.

This is probably deserving of a separate topic outside of this thread, so...back to the funny!

an suv that almost rolls over when being whipped back and forth at over 60mph... What's the story; better question, where's the funny?

there's a lot more to all of this...but it's not worth getting into here. It's a sensationalized video and let's leave it at that. And by the way, low tire pressure monitoring is required by law now.
Bring on the funny stuff.

I say ban NoMonica! for posting this shit to begin with! Was neither funny nor NWS and look at the resulting bullshit it started! :cuss:

U.M.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
I say ban NoMonica! for posting this shit to begin with! Was neither funny nor NWS and look at the resulting bullshit it started! :cuss:

U.M.

I agree there are some repeat offenders than **** this thread up way to often. if it isnt the ridiculous religous bullshit people get butthurt about its the stupid pictures and the quoting of the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread