NW Guys: I Ordered the Steeda Cat-Back (sorta long)

venomus 03

Established Member
I will also sell my 2.8 lol......Rick, I am trying to get the 2.76 as we speak. I might as well since I need another tune and I can get it for virtually nothing.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Yea i love this forum. So much great info, drama, great people w/ fast cars:rockon: o and some w/broke ones ALL THE TIME!:shrug:

JaKaL

Established Member
It is on and it is sweet!

Well I got this little fellow installed, finally, and I couldn’t be happier if I were twins.
I don’t want anyone to read in anything even remotely derogatory about what I’m about to say but; to my ear; this is the most “sophisticated” sounding setup I’ve heard.
What is a sophisticated sounding exhaust? And well you should ask.
It is at once authoritative, yet subtle, deep but pronounced, unobtrusive yet commands attention. You can still hear the SC scream and out the back it has that “well I’m done with that cubic yard of air, where’s the next…” kind of note. And no freeway drone!
Again, to my ear, I find it to be the perfect balance. And now I have two of them! UPS showed up with a second system today, apparently some shipping confusion at MustangTuning. And the item is drop shipped from Borla – their Part# 13908.
Fit was perfect, gas tank clearance fine but I may move it forward a hair: an hour and ten to install – 2 people (bonding) and an air ratchet + libations. Getting the OEM out was a pain.
Noticeable SOTP HP wise but I think the TQ curve has been bumped up a few hundred RPM. I could be nuts about this but the throttle response seems greatly improved, it seems much quicker to respond to a flip of the pedal.

Pictures and audio in the works – will post by Friday, meantime if anyone wants to hear it in person, just email or PM me.

JaKaL

Established Member
I’ve e-mailed Pete at MT and told him his choices are:
1) Send out a UPS call tag or
2) Let me sell it locally

I just don’t want to see a vendor loose money after trying so hard to please; and it will cost him a few bucks if it has to go back. That said though, they are not cheap, my card got hit for $594.99, delivered. Not that I’m complaining, I love it.

JaKaL

Established Member
Rick, no, there no second charge. Pete will let me sell it and if I don't get any takers I'll ship it back.
Guess I'll start another thread.

Joe5.0

Established Member
yea the new saleens are magnaflow now. But the borla sounds awesome as well so im sure your car (jakal) sounds great.

JaKaL

Established Member
Sound Clip of Steeda Cat-Back using my PDA

My PDA is the best I can do to grab a Steeda sound clip - I need a better mic to hook up to my laptop. -JaKaL

Sound clip

JaKaL

Established Member
Like I said, I'm happy.
Looks like I have a buyer for the second unit too! Feels good to help both good vendors and fellow Snake owers.

Users who are viewing this thread