NW Guys: I Ordered the Steeda Cat-Back (sorta long)

JaKaL

Established Member
UPDATE: The second unit that was shipped in error is for sale.
$560
See my post in The Market . -JaKaL

Ok folks, old man JaKaL here so flames at a minimum please:

I ordered the Steeda Cat-Back from MustangTuning - $609 delivered - if it doesn’t end up on back-order (Their WWW site mentioned something about a $20 surcharge – which has not appeared on my credit card so far - but we can give ‘em crap about that later if they fail to produce.) They seem like a stand-up outfit.

My reasoning was that I’d heard just about everything else at Saturday’s Dyno Day and as good as they sounded, it was not me. I posted the request to hear them all and despite all the great offers, I had zero responses from Steeda owners so, I’m the Seattle chump who’ll be the Steeda guinea pig.

From an audio esthetics point I’m looking for no\minimal drone and don’t want to give up the sound of the Eaton through the K&N. I’m talking performance & stealth here. Ok, I’m also married and have neighbors but you get the point.

I did the forum searching; Borla & Bassani rule, but I’m going to be different. I’ll put it on and provide everyone the opportunity to hear it, when I don’t know, but most of you know how to get a hold of me so it should not be an issue.

So there you have it, check’s in the mail and all that crap. My thanks to one and all on this forum and especially Rick who did us all a great service in putting the Dyno Day together.

Oh, and BTW, I can’t wait for this f’in SOB to show up so I can hear first hand what stealth sounds like at WOT.

Call me a fool, but I am enthusiastic

Last edited:

JaKaL

Established Member
Rick: I believe Borla makes it, but to Steeda specs; a little quiter and tuned to eliminate drone. If it drones, it's outta here.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Thats good, now all you have to do is come up with that secret no drone recipe....I think that most of all the cars do drone which sucks, but just change the gears out to 4.10's so you dont hear it...LOL

Rick

JaKaL

Established Member
We shall see I guess.
Incidentally, I got email from Pete at MustangTuning, he applied a $15 discount for my svtperformance membership – excellent service so far.
-Lee
Outta here to go get the stripe fixed.

Billy Pilgram

I noticed that since I put the custom tune in the drone has gotten better. I think there's more timing, even at part throttle and it quietted down. Yet another reason to mod the car!

JaKaL

Established Member
Originally posted by Oxford Snake
Who actually stays at the same rpm long enough to hear drone? I know I don't, HaHa
Oh, people with my bad luck. Seems I always get suck behind or in front of a friendly officer. I'm beginning to think the car is jinxed.
As to 400 HP, I don’t know. With all the horror stories I’m thinking shift gate for the next mod, lord knows I’ve missed my share.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Good choice on the exhaust. Steeda makes some good quality parts, im happy with my steeda tri-ax. Ive gotten pulled over 4 times and still havent gotten a ticket(woot). Well have fun with the exhaust and if you need an extra hand when installing just pm me or give me a call

JaKaL

Established Member
Thanks for all the offers to help but I'm going to test my daughter's 'he's not my boyfriend' (sure) skills. One of those bonding moments don't you know?
As it turns out its on back-order anyway, 5-7 days, but they are going to expedite shipping on their dime.
Car’s in the shop in 80+ weather and parts on b/o.
See what I mean about luck?

Joe5.0

Established Member
jakal it should be a great bonding experience. I have the same luck as you with parts. 8 weeks for a hood, 15 weeks for a supercharger..............Nothin like american shipping...or whatever takes them so damn long.

JaKaL

Established Member
Shipping could be worse, one of the companies I help manage provides the annual barge haul from Seattle to the Arctic - 30 days on the water-if the ice cooperates. I can wait a week, but 15 I'm not so sure about, that's slow even by my standards.

And BTW, I posted that I'll be moving the Dyno Vid to a different server come Friday, both places work currently but the old link will die Friday night.

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Well good luck with the bonding moment....LOL....you want a 2.8 sfphq nonslip pulley??? I have one that I am thinking about selling, I want to get a 2.76 I think

rick

Billy Pilgram

If Rick uses a pulley it's broke in right! The 3.2 he broke in for me works great!

2.8 to 2.76 is it worth it (unless it's a cool looking Billet or ?)

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Yeah, I am liking that cool looking effect....how did you know..LOL

And apparently, my old pulleys have been angels with me, then when I sell them they are HP monsters

Rick

JaKaL

Established Member
Pulleys Rick? I’m going to have to put on them back burner for now. 1st it’s the cat-back, then its back to the dealer (University this time) to fix the cold start squeal that Bickford couldn’t fix. Well they did, for a day.
Then I follow that up with the decisions that come up when the daughter comes back to the roost. After Friday I see myself buying college credits instead of horsepower. Long term a better investment anyway; I’ll need someone to drive me around in the snake when I’m 90 so I better be nice to her now.

And I forgot to tell you all; when I dropped the car off Tuesday for the stripe, Alex (CarbConn) had it all set up; Jody at Collision Masters was waiting to greet me and appears fixated on making me happy. Both outfits have been very professional so far. I tossed in $150 of my dime to have them detail out the swirls in the interest of saving me time and promoting goodwill. If it works out I’ll spread good cheer and we’ll all benefit.
I’ll keep you all posted.
And man, this West section of the forum has really taken off, watch out Motor City Terminators!

Users who are viewing this thread