Nurburgring claims a Koenigsegg One:1 (1 of 7)

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
And no insurance..........

Seinfeld7.jpg

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
No insurance?
They can afford a $1.5+ million car but cant afford insurance? its no longer 1 of 7, there are now only 6 examples in the world!!!

:lol:

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
No insurance?
They can afford a $1.5+ million car but cant afford insurance? its no longer 1 of 7, there are now only 6 examples in the world!!!

:lol:

Insurance doesn't cover your car at the track. I am sure they have insurance, but won't get a dime (I think). Also, I don't think you can get that car for under $3M/$4M if I had to guess.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A car like that will more than likely be covered under an umbrella policy. I bet it's covered.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Aren't there special insurance policies for taking your car to the track?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yes there is track insurance. The owner was probably too cheap to buy it. I had a feeling it would be rebuilt.

The same thing happened to Mr. Bean's McLaren F1, he totaled it and Mclaren built him another one. Not sure the price he paid though.

Blown 89

Established Member
At least it was wrecked on the track. So many of those cars never see the light of day none the less a race track.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Making this post just to say. That should buff right out.

bluestang41505

Established Member
New information directly from Koenigsegg's website says that the "front axle brake lock-up at 170km/h" this was due to an ABS sensor failing right before the driver hit the brakes hard. This was being driven by one of their professional drivers.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
ya it was a factory Koenigsegg driver....it wont cost them TOO much to fix.

Yup, they already have it on hand, and have torn it apart.

DSC_3121.jpg

http://koenigsegg.com/koenigsegg-analysis-of-nurburgring-accident/

The One:1 experienced front axle brake lock-up at approximately 170 km/h on a section of the track known as ****sröhre before hitting the fence at Adenauer Forst at approximately 110 km/h. The impact with the fence launched the car into the air for an estimated 22 meters while it turned 180 degrees before it landed on its left rear wheel and pivoted to land parallel with the fence.

The carbon monocoque chassis has been examined at our factory in Ängelholm (photographed today, above). The monocoque is intact and will form the basis for the rebuild of the car in the near future, together with the engine, gearbox and many other systems. Both doors were fully operational, opening and closing in their original positions. The removable roof is fully intact and properly aligned.

Users who are viewing this thread