Numbers just keep getting better, proof that the PFAB works and props to DPR inside..

Status
Not open for further replies.

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
At the most recent dyno day, I dynoed 510/467, but I was a tad lean on the top end. So I made some changes with the Predator and off I went to get another reading...well...

A/F is good all the way to 6, after that it gets a little lean and power drops off anyways.

509.15/471.00 is what I dynoed at DPR...and if you compare that to the 510/467 I dynoed at the dynoshop I would say that that is pretty damn accurate.

So no JBA inflated numbers here...

Also, decided on the very last run we would throw ice in the IC resevoir, which I usually do at the dynoshop. Well Greg decided he wanted to put about twice what I usually drop in...

And with just that I went up to 524.22/493.79

Greg, I would like the employ your ice stuffing abilities for all dyno days

I also have a video and pictures, which I should have up shortly... :rockon:

:bowdown:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Nice, those are impressive gains from just ice. What kind of mods do you have? Looks like a 2.93 with a port.

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
DKS2814V said:
Nice, those are impressive gains from just ice. What kind of mods do you have? Looks like a 2.93 with a port.

2.76 with a port and on Cali gas

SlowSVT

Established Member
The power increase was from the lower IAT 2 sensor seeing lower temperatures so the ECU does not pull the ignition timing. Once the air is past the blower air temperature is not a factor making hp. It only allows for more ignition timing. Hopefully your not tuning the car to take advantage of that. When the ice melts which on a street car will be measured in minutes then you run this risk of preignition from to much ignition advance. On a hot day the risk will be even greater.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
The power increase was from the lower IAT 2 sensor seeing lower temperatures so the ECU does not pull the ignition timing. Once the air is past the blower air temperature is not a factor making hp. It only allows for more ignition timing. Hopefully your not tuning the car to take advantage of that. When the ice melts which on a street car will be measured in minutes then you run this risk of preignition from to much ignition advance. On a hot day the risk will be even greater.
Yes, and no... The reason it makes more power is because of the cooler more dense air from the ice being crammed into the cylinders, not because before hand the car was pulling timing. Most tunes are set to not pull timing until at least 150 IAT2, no way he was seeing that on the dyno. Ice boxes are the real deal, unfortunately though, they do cause the car to run leaner as there is no way for the car to adjust for the cooler air since it's downstream of IAT1 and the MAF....

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
sambandit said:
Yes, and no... The reason it makes more power is because of the cooler more dense air from the ice being crammed into the cylinders, not because before hand the car was pulling timing. Most tunes are set to not pull timing until at least 150 IAT2, no way he was seeing that on the dyno. Ice boxes are the real deal, unfortunately though, they do cause the car to run leaner as there is no way for the car to adjust for the cooler air since it's downstream of IAT1 and the MAF....

This correct, it did get a tad leaner...which is what I figured the extra power came from

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
SlowSVT said:

Nope, I'm not tuning for it

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Extra power came from the cooler air.... Leaning out the A/F by .2 points isn't gonna effect the power that way... Great numbers BTW!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Does the extra volume of coolant/water that the aftermarket iceboxes have, play a part in IAT2 temps being lower, even when there is no ice in the equation?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Does the extra volume of coolant/water that the aftermarket iceboxes have, play a part in IAT2 temps being lower, even when there is no ice in the equation?
I dont think so... Dosen't effect IAT2s hardly at all... Needs ice for the big benefits.

SlowSVT

Established Member
sambandit said:

Not quite. The air is only cooled and condenced after the intercooler down wind of the supercharger. Once the air gets past the supercharger the volume of air the engine consumes is fixed and does not increase. Condensing the air by cooling it will actually lower the boost pressure. Cooling the air BEFORE the supercharger will increase the power output.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
SOO, you are saying then that 50 degree IAT1 temps dont make more power than 100 degree IAT1 temps? That is totally false.. The cooler the air going into the blower, the more power you will make, peroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread