NT05R's

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
I am currently running 315/35/20 Nt05 (non R) on my rears and have had no problems driving in the torrential rain we get in Vancouver. I was just wondering how much worse the NT05R's are in the wet as I am considering them over buying a set of *15" rims and dedicated drag tires. I am not worried about wear as I am only getting about 7500miles per set of rears as is.

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
I use NT05R's on my 03 whipple cobra.....great tire and if you arent stupid they do just fine in the rain. Mine are just now at the wear markers and are still ok in the rain....they can get a little hairy if you hit a standing puddle....but overall very streetable

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
your preference....a tire like the 555r, NT05r, Toyo TQ ....all do just fine in the rain if you are smart and its not standing water. Now....a tire like the Hoosier dr (that really has no tread)...wouldnt want to drive that in the rain....

Jroc

Established Member
I don't have the R's, but I do run the regular NT05's on my L and I have say it is amazing how wells these tires with such large tread blocks handle rain. They are actually a good rain tire and not just a good performance rain tire. They don't hook up for shit,(my old Toyo Proxes STII's hooked up 2x's better even with a 420 tread wear rating) but they do handle well, and they manage rain very well. They're also an attractive tire.

MrGlock81

Established Member
I have had the nt-05r's on my car now for about 5k miles. If you get regular heavy rainfall and you plan to drive in it, I would not recommend this tire. The channels are not deep enough. Dry weather traction is another story!

Users who are viewing this thread