NT05 vs Ecsta XS

rob10s2

SVT Wannabe
Established Member
I autocross a 94 GT with worn out KDW's on it now and am looking to purchase new tires in the 275/40 17 size. The two tires that caught my eye are the NT05's and the Kumho XS'. The mustang's not my DD so wet traction is not an issue at all. I would use these tires on the street as well, but the car only sees the street 2-3x per week. My question is, what tire will give me the most satisfing autox experiance? That is, quick to heat up, dry cornering grip, and predictibilty at the limit. Also, it's likley that these tires would see the drag strip once or twice a year, so any input on straight line performance would help. Thanks!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post rob10s2.

The XS and NT 05 are both excellent options to consider. Both models provide superior dry grip and cornering ability. From the reviews I've seen, they both heat up very well and are predictable at their limit. The difference IMO is that the NT05 will provide better straight line steering stability especially at higher speeds and will also last a tad longer than the XS. Based on what you are looking for out of your nest set, I say go with the NT05.

Users who are viewing this thread