NT-01 versus 555R

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
I was trying to find more information on guys running the 555R on these cars... I am getting ready to install a 2.8 KB and swap my stock gyears out. I am in Florida so while Rain is an issue, other weather isn't. the 555R on my other mustangs have performed great in the rain (all considering)....

What's the thought between the 285-35/20 NT-01 versus the 305-35/20 555R?

Any Florida weather guys care to chime in?

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
There aren't many guys running the 555r on these cars. Member "impactblue" swears by them.

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
I remember running my 03' Cobra on them without any traction issues - if anything they were a bit overkill and I was dyno'ing into the 500's at that point. Granted this is a bit more, but, is the NT01 that much better? Also, how is it on wet surfaces and rain?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
On a stock wheel I'd run the 555Rs over the NT01s if you're installing a KB.
The NT05Rs are a HUGE upgrade over 555Rs, but like you said, the rain thing would make me choose 555Rs.
-J

rwboring

Established Member
I ran the NT05 (not R) over the NT01... if you are looking for a non-dr it is about as good as you're gonna get, if you want a dr then 555 is the best for daily driving or hitting rain

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
From a traction perspective.. how did the NT05 (non-radial) perform for traction on the street/track?

I am trying to find the best of both worlds, without killing myself in a storm. The Michaelin's I heard didn't have great traction for the power, even if it was a good all around tire.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
In a 20 I would go with the 555r’s, to bad you can't run 18 or 19s as the kuhmo xs has similar dry traction and far superior rain grip. By far the best dd tire I've ran in warm temps.

Users who are viewing this thread