NPB in friends ported eaton 04 Cobra

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
There was a local track event at Bradenton Motorsports Park yesterday (Dead Hookers 8 by need2speed.com ). I was going to run my 96 in it but I still have not put in a 10 pt cage. BMP is usually pretty leniant at the DH events, but Ive been kicked off the track already fo not having the cage.

Metalhead131 let me run his 04 at the event. Thanks John!

Here is the small list of mods:
It has a steggy Stg4 ported Eaton, BBK TB, 2.8 upper pulley only, catted x, slp cat bk, CAI, SRA w/3.73s, 55lb inj, 26 spl spec3+, slicks, and skinnies.

It consistantly trapped 129-130 except for the last pass, which I hot lapped and it only trapped 125.

Johns04CobraDH8t.jpg

The car runs extremely good for what it has done to it.

I know that the ET could be much better with a better 60 FT. The trap speed is what really supprised me.

What is the highest a ported eaton car has trapped with only an upper pulley?

I think his next mods will be a 4lb lower, BAP, and a Mafia (or sct2400).
A set of 6 cyl front springs and some drag struts may work its way into the mix also.

Last edited:

ITS STOCK

Established Member
wow those are some really good times

make my imes look pathetic

What else is done to the car anything?, also what is the race weight?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
That's a heckuva job for those mods and those 60' times. :rockon: The car is either making a decieving amount of power, or it has some very significant weight reduction. What track were you running at?

To the best of my knowledge, no upper only Eaton car has ever trapped 130+ in the 1/4 mile. I believe Almo came pretty darn close with his heavily weight reduced, unported setup, But I believe he was running the 2.93/6lb combo when he hit his 130.

EATON TERMINATOR 1/4 MILE 130 MPH CLUB (Non-nitrous)
BADASS03SVT............132.50 (Auto/SRA)
F8LSNAKE..................132.00 (6spd/SRA)
Rice Eatr...................131.18 (6spd/SRA)
Soap.........................130.80 (6spd/SRA)
Stinkapuss.................130.62 (6spd/IRS)
Metalhead131.............130.47 (6spd/SRA) (Upper pulley only)
IronTerp....................130.45 (6spd/IRS)
sonic03snake..............130.35 (6spd/SRA)
Almo.........................130.34 (6spd/SRA) (non-ported!)
F8LSNAKE..................130.14 (6spd/IRS) (non-ported!)

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea those trap numbers are unreal. but i should've went a hell of a lot faster then 11.1 unless it was spinning all the way down the track.

sick job none the less.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
The car has always made good numbers on the dyno. With only the bassani catted X, stock catback with flowmasters welded in and a steeda CAI, it made 429 SAE.

Here is a thread I posted about the car when he first got it (it did not have a flowmaster cat back, I realized after I did the clutch install, that it just had flows welded into the stock cat back): http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/453070-unpullied-04-cobra-puts-down-429-rwhp-sae-3.html

I installed the ported eaton W/ 2.8 upper, BBK TB, 55lb inj and had it tuned at Race Related it made 496 SAE (512 uncorrected).

The only power producing addition since then would be the SLP catback that was installed with the solid axle swap.

BTW, we did pull some weight from the car. In street trim, the car is full weight (except for the solid swap). For the track we pulled spare/jack, the rear passenger/ seat, and front sway bar end links (sway bar was still in place just tied down)

As for the ET/ trap speed. It seems as if the eighth mile traps and ET are about the norm for the 60 ft time and it just pulled REALLY HARD on the top.
That may have to do with the efficient port and not spinning the hell out of the blower. With a lower pulley, I am for seeing it not gaining much trap speed at the end, but it will be a lot stronger on the shor end of the track.

Iron Terp, do you have or know the 1/8th mile times and traps for the cars on the 130MPH list.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Iron Terp, do you have or know the 1/8th mile times and traps for the cars on the 130MPH list.
Although I don't compile much 1/8th mile info, I know that Stinkapuss has the record with a 107.05. Jake (BADASS03SVT) has hit a bunch of 102's, and Soap hit a 102 with his PR ET. Larry has hit a bunch of 103-105's, but he's in a class by himself. I've hit 130+ on three seperate ocassions and my 1/8th speed was right in line with yours, about 98-99 MPH.

Speed Demon

Established Member
great times for the mods, get a little more weight out of that car and its easily in the 10's. if it were me I'd put a tubular front end kit on it before I did the lower pulley, hit 10's easy with upper only:rockon:

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Thanks everyone!

great times for the mods, get a little more weight out of that car and its easily in the 10's. if it were me I'd put a tubular front end kit on it before I did the lower pulley, hit 10's easy with upper only:rockon:

I think that I am going to talk to John about doing just that:beer:

IronTerp

Actually, removing the front sway bar, replacing the OEM battery with an Odyssey, and adding adjustable struts and shocks, could be all that's necessary to get those 60' times in the mid 1.5 range and possibly push this car to high 10's with some good air.

Any videos?

Users who are viewing this thread