Now part of the SVTF family!!

opquickie

Established Member
Just drove her home yesterday after an excruciating time at the dealer. Got her for about blue book value 04 red with 36k miles. Even got them to take my Mercury Tracer for trade in:banana:

There's a problem with the driver's seatbelt not wanting to retract and it's missing a plastic plug thing that's part of the retractor cover. Best to take that to the ford dealer?

What about the keyless entry? It has it, but the place i bought from didn't have the remote. Should i check ford dealer for that or there a better place to get it done?

Umm also sometimes after a downshift when the car just start so really lean forward and slow down (bad downshift, not totally done on purpose, i let some friends test drive it which i kinda regret) the car makes a loud click noise. i can hear it from inside the car and my buddy could even hear it from in the car next to me with his window down. it's done it like 3-4 times so it's not like something broke because it wouldn't do it again.

anyways i look forward to bein more of an active voice in these forums after many a month browsing and dreaming...:rolleyes:

i got more questions but i'll save some for later :loser:

here's some pics that the dealer took that i stole from auto trader. haven't taken any myself. ever seen the rims before??

SVTF-LeftSide.jpg

SVTF-Front.jpg

SVTF-Rear.jpg

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Nice Foc...my first car was a 2002 SVTF and i loved it...you will suprise quite a few people in that thing...i know i did

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
Welcome to The Foci Family myfirst focus was a 02 SVTf but it wasnt my first car haha. But congrats on the pick up.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
opquickie said:
Just drove her home yesterday after an excruciating time at the dealer. Got her for about blue book value 04 red with 36k miles. Even got them to take my Mercury Tracer for trade in:banana:

here's some pics that the dealer took that i stole from auto trader. haven't taken any myself. ever seen the rims before??

Yep - They are stock '04 rims.

Nice Looking car! I bought my '04 new and now it has 27K on it.

Ya mind me asking what you paid for it? I'm kind of curious how the value of mine is holding up.

My only mods are a Tune, Short Ram Intake, and a Poly Rear Motor Mount.

The Tune and SRI really helped with the general all-around way the car runs and drives (low-end power; idle, surging, etc.). Improved my gas mileage by 2-3mpg too!:rockon:

The Poly mount stops the engine from moving around so much. Now when I shift to 2nd gear fast, it doesn't sound like the entire transaxle is about to fall out!

Good Luck w/ it!:beer:

opquickie

Established Member
It's still under powertrain warranty but most of the warraties end at 36,000. which i hit on the way home from the dealer haha.

I have to go by the dealer to ask about transferring the 100k warranty so I'll ask about the seatbelt there.

I just got that remote entry from ebay, thanks for the link!

slowgreycobra

Established Member
I had an SVTF kill me in my 69 mach 1, of course the 351 was missing pieces of 2 pistons at the time. Very nice looking car! I actually have been seriously thinking about getting one for a DD after I sell my house. Got any plans for modding it yet? :p

opquickie

Established Member
Haha i'm trying to avoid thoughts of modding yet. The fun factor hasn't even begun to decrease since leaving the lot. I'm gonna try to give it a few months before doing anything to it so that when I do, I'll really notice.

With that being said, after I get a couple things fixed that are bothering me, I'll really look into getting a tune. I don't see how you can NOT do it. Doesn't it get you a couple more horses AS WELL as a few more mpg's? Oh and when I bought it, it had (has) four different types of tires. haha i think only one is directional.

Do all SVTF's come with working foglights? I turn the lights on and pull the knob thing out like it says in the manual to turn the fogs on, but they don't come on.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
HAMMRHEAD said:
The Poly mount stops the engine from moving around so much. Now when I shift to 2nd gear fast, it doesn't sound like the entire transaxle is about to fall out!

How hard is this to install?
My gf just picked up her 03 SVTF with 30k for $11000
We got hers on Auto Trader as well.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
badass98svt said:
How hard is this to install?
My gf just picked up her 03 SVTF with 30k for $11000
We got hers on Auto Trader as well.

Pretty simple actually.

Put the front end up in some jackstands, then use a jack under the transaxle (maybe with a block of wood or something) to take the weight off of the rear mount. Remove bolts from mount (3 IIRC?) and replace with poly mount. Again, you may have to make some fine adjustments with the jack to line up the mounting holes, but no big deal at all!

After the install, I got a 'touch' of vibration in my steering wheel from the poly mount, but after a day or so I didn't notice it anymore, AND it really does help to keep the engine/trans in place much better over the stock mount.

I've only done a few things to my SVTF in almost 3 years since it's my DD (Tune, Short Ram Intake, Rear Poly Motor Mount, Dead Pedal), and knowing what I know now, I'd do them again.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread