Now its my turn...Going to self port the blower tomorrow!

04gtstang

Established Member
As the title says, im going to give this a shot! We just got back from FFW in Houston and not only am I pumped from getting high on race gas and burning rubber, but I found 2 extention style (re long) carbon cutting bits made for porting aluminum. Guy told me to be VERY careful and not press down because they EAT aluminum FAST.
I was just going to use them to port out the accufab plenum I just bought from a member here....but since ill be getting tuned by RWTD on the 13th of this month and now I have some tools that I can actually use to port with (vs stones that clog up) I got this crazy idea to follow the example of some of you DIY guys and do this. Im a big DIY guy and thought about this before...but like said couldnt locally find any bits specifically made for porting. And since it took me a LONG to to port my stock plenum...I just said forget it LOL.

Unfortunatly I diont have "before" #s of my current setup. I made 458/471 on a 6# lower, 9inch cone filter, X pipe, CB, self ported plenum, and 91 tune from some unknown tuner on a portable dyno (1st owner...im 3rd). I have since added 3.1 upper, larger 12 inch filter, BA 2400 MAF, and now will be porting her out...RWTD will also be retuning for 93.

Anyways ill take some pics of the work...probably be monday. I started tearing her down tonight though :D And ill first start by looking back at some of you DIY guys port threads to try and make this as painless as can be.
And if anyone has any advice, it is totally welcome and I would appreciate it a lot!

And for refrence here is the car (when i first got it..thus Nebraska plates) and a current engine shot :)

101_0354.jpg

101_0360.jpg

101_0459.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread