Now I know why Ford is in trouble !!!!

A2V2NV

Established Member
Now I know why Ford is in financial trouble.....

The dealer here in town want's 27K for a fancy V-6 Mustang, and 35K+ for a GT with glassroof.

35K for a STOCK GT.........:shrug:

They'd never get my business at those prices. A GT is supposed to be a 20K car....they are pricing themselves out of the market.

I custom ordered my GT below for $20,600 in 2001. They didn't want to sell it for that price, but it was a take it or leave it deal. ;)

~Joe

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
Well the glass roof is a pretty expensive option IIRC it is $6000.

When I talked trade a few months ago they offered ridiculous trade in value and many discounts. Did they do this for you?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
ford is in trouble because the dealershits are retarded.

only the big 3 dealers would rather sell one car a week at a hefty markup, than sell 10 cars a week at no markups. Toyota, Honda, Nissan,, etc. all move units at low or no markup. When you move more units, it means the dealer has to buy/order more to keep stock, and means the factory has to manufacture more to keep up with demands. When you let a car sit on the lot with a hefty markup, this means you arent ordering more to restock, and the manufacturer has no reason to make more, thinking theres little demand since new orders are few and far between.

Id say half the issues are the manufacturers fault, and the other half is shit dealerships. Now im not talking all domestic dealerships, but if even half took some of the ideals that the other manufacturers dealerships have, itd be amazing what it would do for the manufacturers bottom line.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
are you saying this because you saw the sticker price and figured that was non negotiable??? or did you actually try negotiating and the dealers final offer were those prices?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I dont like convertible at all, IMO

but a glass roof would sure kick ass
but I still couldn't imagine spending $30k+ on a GT, even if it had a sun roof

A2V2NV

Established Member
Nope I looked at the dealer sticker next to the factory one. If they think 35K is a fair starting point, then there's no need to talk...the car is 10K overpriced.

According to the dealer sticker, the glass roof is a 2K option....so I'll humor you and say 33K then....still 10K too high!

If the dealers really want to sell cars, then there dealer final cost sticker will reflect that. They know very well that people drive by and look at the sticker, so as to avoid the high pressure sales dude working strictly commission.

Why would I pay that price for a car with a motor that needs to be completely rebuilt and forged to get up to REAL desirable power levels???

NOT ME! And I guarantee you MANY feel the same way as me....those you will never hear from.

~Joe

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Nope I looked at the dealer sticker next to the factory one. If they think 35K is a fair starting point, then there's no need to talk...the car is 10K overpriced.

According to the dealer sticker, the glass roof is a 2K option....so I'll humor you and say 33K then....still 10K too high!

If the dealers really want to sell cars, then there dealer final cost sticker will reflect that. They know very well that people drive by and look at the sticker, so as to avoid the high pressure sales dude working strictly commission.

Why would I pay that price for a car with a motor that needs to be completely rebuilt and forged to get up to REAL desirable power levels???

NOT ME! And I guarantee you MANY feel the same way as me....those you will never hear from.

~Joe

No offense Joe but right now is a very good time to buy a car like that. There are very good incentives, not to mention you car probobly get "X" plan along with the rebates. So you would be talking low to mid 20's.
Why would you even bother looking at that car if as you say the motor sucks and MANY others feel the same way? I think you got turned down for financing or got a poor trade in quote.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread