Now I know what it feels like.

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
Well, I have had my job for 1 year 4 months and I have always had money. When I had money though I spent it irrationally. Well guess what! I bought my car, and now I have 19 dollars in my savings account. It totally blows. I owe my parents 300 dollars, my girlfriends birthday is in one week and I still have to purchase Christmas gifts. Also, I have to visit my dad for hunting season and that's nearly 3 hours away. So I have to buy gas to get up there and still get my hunting license. :cryying:

I guess I should have saved my money like everyone said. Now I'm stuck in a situation where I have no money and a lot of payments. :burn:

I would like to commend the people on this board who are fiscally responsible. :coolman:

wally9404

Established Member
most people today live paycheck to paycheck,it is really hard to put anything away. just dont get in over your head and enjoy your new ride,your to young to let it drag you down.

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
wally9404 said:
most people today live paycheck to paycheck,it is really hard to put anything away. just dont get in over your head and enjoy your new ride,your to young to let it drag you down.

Yeah, i'm riding my bike to work the rest of this week. I understand that I am young, but that's besides the point. I want to be a financial advisor and I am unable to appropriately diversify my fiscal responsibilities.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Yeah I'm living VERY cheaply right now. Somedays I wish I wasn't into cars as much as I am. I'd have alot more money..but i'm very close to finishing college so I really won't have to worry about being close to 0 in my savings and having a little bit more space to breathe better financially.

Almo

Established Member
You minimize your needs and wants and it is ok for quality of life to drop if you want it to. Just helps you appreciate what you have a lot more.

Growing up the way I did in Northeast Tennessee, we didn't have much and my parents did an amazing job showing us that not everything above your standards inspires others like they might seem. First, love to inspire to your own wants and way of life and do what is in your realm not seeing you have to be better, have or do more than the other person to stand out.

Didn't mean to write a novel here but I say all of the above because I often find it self satisfying to make peanut and jelly sandwiches, crackers and cheese, drink water, and in doing so I tend to save quite a bit of money. Do what you can and try to assimilate little things that will satisfy your needs but will generate a better outlook for you.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Tough times and a period of some debt are how most people learn.Its not so much how you got into this situation, but how you get out, what you learn, and how it affects you in the future.Step 1 is now in progress. Good luck my friend.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
sharkall2003 said:
Yeah, i'm riding my bike to work the rest of this week. I understand that I am young, but that's besides the point. I want to be a financial advisor and I am unable to appropriately diversify my fiscal responsibilities.

What do you mean that you are unable to diversify your fiscal responsibilities? You want to owe more lenders money than you currently do? Or you want to spread your current debt around? You want to have different types of debt? :shrug:

CSD

Banned
Snake Pliskin said:
Tough times and a period of some debt are how most people learn.Its not so much how you got into this situation, but how you get out, what you learn, and how it affects you in the future.Step 1 is now in progress. Good luck my friend.
very true :beer:

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
What do you mean that you are unable to diversify your fiscal responsibilities? You want to owe more lenders money than you currently do? Or you want to spread your current debt around? You want to have different types of debt? :shrug:

I want to learn to spend my money better. I don't want to eat out all the time, buy stupid ass electronics. I would rather save my money and when I turn 18 start building credit, instead of burying myself before I even have a chance.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
sharkall2003 said:
I want to learn to spend my money better. I don't want to eat out all the time, buy stupid ass electronics. I would rather save my money and when I turn 18 start building credit, instead of burying myself before I even have a chance.

That is called being financially responsible. It has nothing to do with diversification.

Good Luck in the future. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread