Now Available: Photos of SVT's Terminator Development Program

frank3si

Established Member
I wanted let everyone know that I have created a number of photo galleries showing the development program of the Terminator, ranging from clay design studies to wind tunnel tests to the on-track engineering verification programs. Just go to www.ironfistleadfoot.com and click on the "Gallery Index" link in the left side pane. Oh - and enjoy! :-D

Frank

frank3si

Established Member
That's great, but I really just wanted everyone to get a chance to see these photos. This is the kind of stuff that is so rarely seen - so here's your chance! :)

Frank

etfhb

Established Member
congrats on the new book, looks like it wasn't your first.
can't wait to read it

SHOLANDO

Established Member
WOW!!! Incredible articles and pictures...Book has been ordered!! I love this picture the most:
dap16.jpg

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
That pic is my backround now, just think, all those terminator engines are out kickin some azz!!!!!...Is the book at Barnes &Noble also??

adamz1le28

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
That is definitely one of the coolest things I have seen in a while. The whole page of the assembly plant just blows me away....I'm gonna go take mine for a ride!!!!!

GodStang

Established Member
Hey I saw this car last week at a local guys house:

frpplsr01.jpg

DSCF2707.jpg

I will order one in the morning. Awesome looking book.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I have never seen half of the photos on that page, great info and pics...

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
frank3si said:
I wanted let everyone know that I have created a number of photo galleries showing the development program of the Terminator, ranging from clay design studies to wind tunnel tests to the on-track engineering verification programs. Just go to www.ironfistleadfoot.com and click on the "Gallery Index" link in the left side pane. Oh - and enjoy! :-D

Frank

I hope my local Barnes & Noble book store has your book because I cant wait a few days to get it... ;-) Does it have all of the pictures on your site in the book? Just curious! I must say that you did a great job on it! :beer:

frank3si

Established Member
Glad you're enjoying the pics. Here's the story behind them:

Many of you knew Tom Shreiner, who published the SVT Recognition Guide book and the Fox Body Mustang book, as well as the SVT calendar (all published by T-5 Design). Tom and his fiance Marcie (who is a wonderful graphic designer) were going to publish this book as well, but sadly he died in July, 2005. Although I did try to get a new publisher, it eventually became clear that the only way I could get the book out quickly would be by self-publishing it. That's how I wound up with iUniverse, which is a division of Barnes and Noble.

The problem is that their books are limited to 50 images in black and white. Tom and I had planned for my book to be heavily-illustrated, so it was important to me to somehow make the pictures available to Ford fans and SVT followers. So - here are the galleries! It's kind of like the Web site partners with the book to offer more illustrations.

iUniverse works via print-on-demand, so the quickest way to actually get a copy is via their on-line bookstore, rather than ordering from a local store or amazon.com or bn.com. You can still go that route to order, but it takes longer.

I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures - it was a pain coding the whole site but I really wanted everybody to have a chance to see this stuff ( in living color. ;-) )

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread