Now a friend needs ur help. Court dates

GSTSpyder

Established Member
Alrighty, you guys helped me out alot about a week ago and now hopefully you can continue your commitment to excellence [/sucking up] I was coming home from the 'glenn beck all american 4th of july' with one of my buddies when he got pulled over. (i was the passenger, i still haven't driven since 'the incident') He got cought doing 80 in a 65. didn't seem like we were going that fast cuz we with the flow of traffic on a 3 lane highway (cop wrote 2 lane o well) and he had the cruise control set in the passign lane. He was actually doing 80 we're not debating that. However the thing is, me him and 9 other of our best friends are heading down to myrtle beach on july 19th for a week. Since he is a minor they are going to send him when his court date is in the mail. What happens if it falls during that week? could he reschedule or do we all have permission to rip on him for the next month? Also how much do you think his ticket will be?(pleading guilty) Insurence?

MightyMo

Established Member
Get with the clerk of courts and request a new court date
rip on him.. naaa.. its not that much of an offense and whats the best defense to use?
You were driving defensively by going along with traffic instead of causing a bottle neck(everyone was speeding), being a newer driver he could actually say he was intimidated a little and felt it would be unsafe to cause a bottle-neck on the freeway with heavy traffic.
Show a cooperative nature and willingness to accept responsiblity and perhaps the judge will go easy.
Oh, and if you see a Redfire 03 Cobra at Mustang Week, just wave..
see you in the Hard Rock Cafe parking lot
good luck..
Scott

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
He admittingly was speeding. He should talk to the prosecutor and admit his guilt and ask for traffic school or to plead guilty to a non point violation with the same fine. They are concerned about a "win" and the fine. Not the points.

Once he gets the court date he can talk to the clerk and explain to the clerk that a vacation was already planned and can it be adjourned until a later date.

The clerk will either say yes or no.

I say you cant rag on your buddy when you are guilty of the same thing :D

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread