Novi 2k pulley question

cbrown9064

Established Member
Preface: I am building my blower from various sources, as Paxton no longer offers a "kit" for the 1996-1998 Cobra. I got a Novi 1000 with a bad impeller shaft, brackets, Paxton air-to-air, etc..., from a member here. I bought a nice Novi 2000 from eBay.

Got the brackets mounted to the timing cover and went to mount the blower, no go. Pulley hits alternator and timing cover. Pulled the pulley off and there was a home made spacer washer on. Took the spacer washer off, but then the "special" washer by the retaining bolt does not fit, as it would allow the pulley to slide back and forth, with bolt tightened. That is not right.

Compared the pulley that came with the 2000 to the pulley that came with the "messed up" Novi 1000 and they are totally different pullies. The offset, etc... Put the pulley that came with the Novi 1000 on and that works. But, it is too small. It is a 2.75" and I want to start with a 3.5".

Here is the question...Are there different pulleys (offsets) for different applications? In other words, do I need a pulley just for a 1996-1998 Cobra? Are 2v motors the same? If I order a pulley (new) will it come with the proper washers?

Kind of "stuck" here, and scratching my head...

Thanks!
Chris

cbrown9064

Established Member
FYI, for future searches, the 1996-1998 (unknown on others years) takes a "special" offset pulley. Normal Paxton pullies need not apply.

Called superchargersonline today and they confirmed with Vortech the correct P/N and I have it coming my way.

CB

Users who are viewing this thread