novi 1000 on 96 cobra

Bite u

Established Member
Alright guys I need a little info here.. how good of a blower is the 1000? In the process of installing it on my pretty strong n/a cobra. And on previous owners car it made 8 psi of boost.. but that was on stock manifolds and stock intake mani. So not sure how if any long tubes will affect it.

Centri guys.. opinions on over pulling the blower and keeping timing low to selected power level but broadening the powerband? Made 430 on previous owners car so I'm pretty excited and thinking it's gonna make 480 range? Any thoughts or opinions

Bite u

Established Member
save for a shortblock if you plan on running more boost

That's a given.. already have a spare 96 motor for a rebuild along with some.forged rods n some 8.5cp pistons, that I was gonna use for the turbo setup I had. Swapped that for this so gonna keep it higher compression now. So spare teksid, crank, rods is what I have towards a rebuild.

I'm more so looking for someone that has or has not basically over pullied is what I call it.. In order to get to the max power say 450 wheel sooner and limit timing so it stays n flattens out possibly?

01yellercobra

Established Member
You're not going to get a flat power band like a positive displacement. Centris just don't work that way. Limiting the timing just limits the power.

Bite u

Established Member
You're not going to get a flat power band like a positive displacement. Centris just don't work that way. Limiting the timing just limits the power.

I'm not quit sure yall r following me. Let's say at 6800 the car makes 8 psi and 450 wheel... If I swap a 12 lb pulley on and it made 12 lbs at 6800. Then my original 8 psi comes on earlier, we will say 6k.. so from 6k-6800 just limit the timing so it don't make more than your 450 and you've broadened the power band some..

I realize this is not a PD blower.. but it would have to help out some.. car is already set up for a centri n to rev with the 4.56s n all. Just figured that would help it out at the track a little more

Users who are viewing this thread