Noticed something weird with the Air Conditioner..

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Ok, so I've had a problem with the car stalling for a while now. I've learned to live with it and moved on. The last few weeks, it was really freekin hot out, and I've been driving the car more than normal, so I've been using the AC. Well, something funny has been happening, or not happening. The car hasn't stalled. It has been running better than normal in fact. I can't verify anything because I haven't gone to the track, but the far just feels smoother with the AC on.

So today, I was just messing around with the car and it's nice out so I had the AC off and it stalled. I turned the AC on and noticed another oddity. My A/F is different depending on wether the AC is on or not. Not at full throttle, but when I'm not on the throttle. With the AC off, the A/F would drop anywhere from 16 to 22:1 but with the AC on, it never gets to 16:1, staying between 13:1 and 15.9:1. At full throttle, the AC has no effect. (Computer turn the AC off as we all know).

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I'm not saying this is 100% scientific data at all, but just something I've noticed and may have the tuner take a look at it later on.

Users who are viewing this thread